AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatch pattern previews

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
dmzuber
6651 Views, 12 Replies

Hatch pattern previews

Is there a way to make the hatch pattern previews bigger? My eyes are getting older and my current monitor has a much higher resolution than the one I had years ago, and the hatch pattern previews are so small that they are almost meaningless:

ScreenHunter_52 Dec. 04 17.51.jpg

Thanks in advance.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
hugha
in reply to: dmzuber

Try Windows Start->Magnifier for a bigger, fuzzier presentation or run HatchKit and open the hatch pattern file to view in a resizable window.

hth,

Hugh Adamson

www.hatchkit.com.au

Message 3 of 13
Victoria.Studley

Hi Dawn,

As far as I know, there isn't a way to adjust the hatch preview size within the program itself. Did Hugh's suggestions help you view them a bit easier on your high-resolution monitor?

Are the hatch previews in the contextual ribbon any better, or are these still too small?

Hatch_Contextual_Ribbon.png

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 4 of 13
dmzuber
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

Hi Victoria,

Thanks for your response. The Windows magnifier doesn't help, since, as Hugh pointed out, the images will be larger but fuzzy. I haven't tried installing HatchKit, as it's $70 and I balk at having to pay for additional software after paying so much for AutoCAD in the first place (and for the annual subscription!). The hatch previews in the contextual ribbon are a little better, but given that I'm an OLD AutoCAD user, I typically use the boundary hatch command via the dialog box to create hatches, and that's where I am suffering from tiny previews. Luckily I am familiar with most of the hatch patterns that I have installed and can find them by reading the names of the patterns. 

Thank you.

Dawn

Message 5 of 13
hugha

Dawn,

The free HatchKit Demonstration Version can be used as a hatch pattern viewer.

HKDemop.png

Download the demonstration from here if you are interested: http://www.hatchkit.com.au/download.php

hth,

Hugh

Message 6 of 13
dmzuber
in reply to: hugha

Thanks for clarifying, Hugh. I'll try it!

Message 7 of 13
dmzuber
in reply to: hugha

Hi Hugh,

I went to the link you provided and clicked on this link:

I was then taken to a 404 "Not Found" page.

Is this your website/product?

Thank you.

Message 8 of 13
hugha

Yes it is <blush> and I just have fixed the link.

Thank you very much for your interest and your response.

Message 9 of 13
Victoria.Studley

Hi Dawn,

In addition to the tools that Hugh has suggested, if you'd like to see an improvement made to the Hatch preview feature to make them more visible within the core AutoCAD program, you can submit a suggestion via our Product Feedback Page. Be sure to include how this affects your workflow and business. These suggestions are monitored and reviewed by the product managers for each program.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 10 of 13
dmzuber

Thanks for fixing the link, Hugh. I downloaded the demo version and will try to figure out how to use it.

Victoria, I submitted feedback as you suggested.

Thank you both.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

YES!!!! Please, its very annoying!

Message 12 of 13
AzWoodWarrior

This is an old thread, but I'm pretty sure that ctrl+Scroll(zoom) should magnify the thumbnails. 

Message 13 of 13
dmzuber
in reply to: AzWoodWarrior

If only that worked, dreaneyjr. Perhaps you could test your theories before posting them in the future. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost