AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hatch pattern dialog box

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
marc
9238 Views, 10 Replies

hatch pattern dialog box

In architecture 2012, I'm trying to get the Hatch Pattern Dialog Box to come up to see if I have custom hatch patterns loaded.

They do not show up in the drop down menu in Hatch Creations.

How do I get the Hatch Pattern Dialog Box to come up?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pendean
in reply to: marc

HATCH command, then as you watch the command line you will notice the choice of SETTINGS, type T to get it.

To bypass the Ribbon, look up HPDLGMODE in Help.

Message 3 of 11
cadtastrophe

CTRL+0 (Clean Screen) prior to executing the hatch command forces the hatch window to appear.

Quite genius of them to assume when we hatch we will not need the dialog window dont you think... just like politicians, thanks for your help but please dont autodesk.

Message 4 of 11
cadtastrophe
in reply to: cadtastrophe

Nevermind, listen to the sage, much better advice there.  Thanks Dean

Message 5 of 11
pendean
in reply to: cadtastrophe

There was no assumption on their part, they changed the design of the screen to the ribbon some time ago now. You can still get to the pop-up in several ways (I noted two ways, one of which bypasses the Ribbon, you noted a very dramatic third way), and you can also access it by clicking on the angled arrow next to the panel label OPTIONS in the Hatch Ribbon gets you there too.

Now why the custom hatches do not appear for the OP would be interesting to find out when they post back that they are not in the pop-up either: most likely their location was not added to the Search Paths of the ACA program, or they forgot to move them over from their previous version. I can see all of my custom hatches in the Ribbon's PATTERN panel (you have to use the arrows) and in the pop-up under custom hatches.

Message 6 of 11
marc

thanks! that did it.

Now, can you tell me how to load hatch patterns into 2012? I'm trying to import hatch patterns from StoneCAD. It used to be pretty straight forward, but not so much any more.

Message 7 of 11
marc

never mind, I think I finally got it to work....thankx!!!

Message 8 of 11
twtcad

Hello.....I'm having the same problem....I'm trying to get StoneCAD 6.1's hatch patterns into Architecture 2012 and I'm stumped!  Can anybody please guide me thru this?  Thank You!

Message 9 of 11
ali.sabuwala
in reply to: pendean

Thanx buddy, it worked, just closed ribbon bar,

Message 10 of 11
cef34LDA
in reply to: pendean

Hello,

I was wondering i installed Mcolor on Autocad and it will not show up in Auto cad under the drop down. what am i doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Message 11 of 11
pendean
in reply to: cef34LDA

Click on the Support or About Us link at that software vendor's website for help getting their software to work in your version of AutoCAD http://www.m-color.com/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost