AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatch outline

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Birute.Kubilius
343 Views, 3 Replies

Hatch outline

Hello,

We are using Architecture Autodesk 2014 AutoCAD at the office, only for 2 D drawings. Do we need to trace the object to be hatched with Polylines (on Defpoints layer). I saw some people redraw all walls just to have them hatched. Is it necessary? How does it effect my drawing if hatched don't have an outline? Would that drawing make my computer slow?

Thank you

Birute

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dbroad
in reply to: Birute.Kubilius

Are you using materials?  No need to hatch them separately if the materials are built in.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 4
Birute.Kubilius
in reply to: dbroad

No, we are not using materials, only standard & custom hatches.

Thank you

Message 4 of 4
dbroad
in reply to: Birute.Kubilius

Materials and AEC materials are powerful features of ACA and eliminate the extra work you are doing.  Instead of hatching elevations for basic generic wall types, create walls with styles and set the materials for the finish layers.  Then when you create the elevations, the hatch will already exist.

If you want to hatch the elevations directly using legacy methods, just make sure the hatch is set to non-associative and use the outer only style.  I discourage such use though since any change in the model will not apply to the hatched views. See video:

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost