AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatch not working on 2014

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ChristinamInterspec
305 Views, 2 Replies

Hatch not working on 2014

In the Xref'd file the hatch shows up behind all objects but when I attach that drawing to another file, the hatch is above everything.

Help!

In referenced (main) file, hatch is beneath: 

Capture.JPG

In paper and model space of the file that the above picture is referenced into

Capture2.JPG

I have done the following:

Sent the hatch to the back

set the HPDRAWORDER to 1

hid the hatch and brought everything else to front

Regenall

HELP!!!

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I would use either a transparent hatch or hatch on a transparent layer. Make sure you check plot transparency and check transparency on your display options. It resolves the overlap issue (display order).  Did you try using  draw order on your xref? send to back? 

Robert

Message 3 of 3

Draworder doesn't "follow" thru xrefs reliably. So if you have a hatch pattern sent to back in your base file, there's no guarantee that it'll still be sent to the back in the file you've referenced it into.

For 100% reliability of the draworder setting we've resorted to creating a separate xref file just for the hatching (like on a site plan, for instance). You can send an entire xref to the back of another xref and it'll work that way every time (it sucks having to do that extra xref file tho)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost