AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatch not showing in viewport

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
surfarch
65995 Views, 13 Replies

Hatch not showing in viewport

I have a viewport that is not showing the hatch pattern. In one layout tab, the hatch shows. In another tab, the hatch does not. The layer is not frozen or off, on the sheet or in the viewport. Other items and hatch patterns on that same layer show up. The display is set to 2D wireframe. I even cut - paste a viewport from the working layout tab to the non-working layout tab and the pattern disappears. How is this possible?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
surfarch
in reply to: surfarch

Found a workaround: Copied the the working layout tab to create a new tab. Copy - paste viewports from non-working layout tab to new layout tab. Voila, hatch patters are there. Not sure what was happening. Any thoughts, to prevent same in the future?

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous

I had this issue and found that my hatch was set to annotative, there is a button on the bottom left called annotation visibility, click it to show annotation of all scales. Worked for me.

Message 4 of 14
ntellery

Is it just a hatch or something with styles which might be linked to the display system?

Do the viewports have different display reps set?

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

I had same problem in autocad. You have to one thing when you are making new layer in model make sure that you’re making that by new layer switch not by the other one. If you have already done just mach layer in to new one witch you make by new layer switch

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

What do you mean when you say "You have to one thing"?

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

Check to make sure that your 3dclip is off.  I had the same problem and unlocked my viewport and found that my 3dclip was on.  Also make sure that your hatch is on the plane as the rest of your drawing.

Message 8 of 14
JRN-DGB

If the hatch is annotative, then set the origin to center. Otherwise it will sometimes show up as solid or not show up at all.

Check if the hatch is on a layer that has Viewport Freeze turned on in layer properties while the specific viewport is active (dubble-click inside viewport).

Message 9 of 14
JRN-DGB
in reply to: JRN-DGB

Try to regen while in viewport and select the scale from the list.

Message 10 of 14
phillip.merritt
in reply to: JRN-DGB

Having the same problem and discovered that instead of going on the current layer, the hatch was set to go on a layer that was frozen in the viewport. Changed the setting in the hatch dialogue box.

Message 11 of 14
bbslo

I just had a student with exactly the same problem and Nick Baxter's solution fixed it. check the annotative toggle at the bottom. Somehow her hatch was set to be annotative and that was messing with the visibility.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous

i had the same problem while i check the layout, and even when i make print preview, then discovered that the problem was with the 3d shademode, you can get into the viewport then once you are in,  type (shademode) then what ever it's, chenge it to (2dwireframe), then get out of the viewport, and you are done, this was for the viewport.

you will notice that it's been fixed from the viewport, but once you make print preview, you will see the same problem, the solution is, go back to the layout, then select the viewport border only without going inside, then get the match properties of that viewport by clicking the shortcut (ma) while you are selecting the viewport, go to shade plot under (Misc) list, and change it to (as displayed). and that's it.

hope this will work with you

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

If it is an annotative hatch, this article should help you.

https://cadsetterout.com/autocad-tutorials/how-to-use-annotative-hatches/

If "show annotation objects" is not on (bottom right) in your layout (which sometimes you don't want it to be), then an annotative hatch will only show up in viewports that match the scale that is attached to the hatch in model space. You can attach more than one scale to an annotative hatch. In model space, right click on the hatch and select "Annotative object scale" and then "Add/ Delete scales...". In that dialogue box you can add the scale of the viewport you want the hatch to show up in. 

Message 14 of 14
a2018112538

I have to register and say thank you, i was so close to lose a project and thank God i found this forum

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost