AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatch Contextual Tab Problems

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bbeecher
7001 Views, 3 Replies

Hatch Contextual Tab Problems

I am using AutoCAD Architecture 2012. While using the hatch command, the contextual tab pulled up in the ribbon as expected. But when I went to pick an internal point AutoCAD froze. After closing ACAD and trying to open the drawing again it asked me to recover the drawing because of errors. After recovering the drawing the ribbon still had the contextual hatch tab in it although if you try and hatch ACAD will freeze again.

So as it sits now, no matter how many times you open or close the drawing the contextual hatch tab will not go away and is not functional. If you try and hatch the drawing crashes. I have duplicated the problem on multiple computers so I know its not a problem with my computer as much as it is a problem with this particular drawing. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MarySeufert
in reply to: bbeecher

Instead of picking a point (and having AutoCAD analize every object in your drawing), draw your desired boundary and use the select object feature. This will save you from the crash. Do the typical audits/recovery of the drawing, purge unused styles, etc.

Is the contectual tab state open on all computers when the drawing is opened up, or just the original crashed computer?

~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 3 of 4
bbeecher
in reply to: MarySeufert

Mary, Thanks for your response. The contextual hatch tab is always there no matter what computer the drawing is opened on. I have tried mine and multiple computers around the office. Also the ability to hatch in this drawing does not work on any computer, it simply crashes ACAD. I have already run the audit, purge and recover commands. None have seemed to fix the hatching problem.

Thank you for the hatching suggestions. I do understand that picking object is easier on the software than picking internal point. Some times I will try to get away with picking an internal point because drawing a bounding pline will be cumbersome.

At this point I think some how getting rid of the contextual hatch tab from always being there in this drawing is what needs to happen.

Brad

Message 4 of 4
MarySeufert
in reply to: bbeecher

Hi Brad,

It sounds like that drawing is corrupted/stuck in the middle of the command. Either go back to an adequate backup, or start a new drawing, and insert the corrupt one into it. I would delete any hatches before inserting it to be on the safe side! Hopefully that gets you back to normal.

I tend to pick point too unless I have a lot of objects or xrefs, then I draw a pline. Smiley Tongue

~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost