AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

has this ever happened to you?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Godsey
426 Views, 5 Replies

has this ever happened to you?

i was working on wall sections and i went to edit a block in the drawing. while in the block editor, i hit drawing save it crashed and when i opened up the drawing  the only thing in the drawing was the block that i was editing. it was like it was stuck in the block editting mode but i couldnt exit that mode. the file still about 1meg of information so the drawing may still be still there. also the back up file is also the same as the main drawing. anyone have any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Godsey

file size is no indication of recovery potential, it may all be lost: see if you have an autosave file you can rename, or a BAK file you can rename and use. Then there is always the backup from the day before.

Are you using ACA2012? if so, there is a patch for that problem I believe, grab it.

Message 3 of 6
ntellery

Yes it has happened to me. Feels like you are in an episode of Star Trek and is about as believable.

Can't remember that it was such a problem but can't think of the solution except I think I went to a backup copy.

Problem with this new pathetic interface is it's very easy to close the whole drawing instead of the block editor. That is a design fault.

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html
Message 4 of 6
pendean
in reply to: ntellery

Did you grab the hotfix? it is a universal AutoCAD 2012 problem they fixed with a patch:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17302261&linkID=9240658

Message 5 of 6
Godsey
in reply to: pendean

yes i downloaded the hotfix along with the service pack. the problem is that it also screwed the backup and i lost about a weeks worth of work.

Message 6 of 6
pendean

I've never seen a patch or update do that before.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost