AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
jasarch
182 Views, 2 Replies

Hardware

I need to replace an old computer but can not afford to upgrade from 2008 Architecture at this time, my question is will 2008 run on a multicore 64 bit system?  If so what other attributes should the new computer have?

PS; Please keep it simple, I'm pretty technically challenged!!

Any help is much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: jasarch

No, not really, but since that's about all that is out there you may not have a choice.

ACA2008 is also not supported in Windows7, the Windows version everyone sells, so if you are going to stick with your old ACA2008 software you might benefit from finding a Windows 7 32bit OS (hard to find for many), or taking a chance with Windows 7 64bit with the understanding you may hate it (or it does not work, or it will not install the updates or patches) though it seems to work OK for those folks that install it in WinXP-mode in Windows 7.

What's your budget?

Message 3 of 3
jasarch
in reply to: jasarch

Thanks for the quick response.  The machines I'm klooking at are in the 500 to 600 range, guess I can upgrade or buy Win7 XP. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost