AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

global width

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
939 Views, 7 Replies

global width

what is the command for global width in the pline
i want to make a tool button setting the global with of that pline.

with ACA 2009 it looks like I can achieve this.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Lhudson wrote:
> what is the command for global width in the pline
> i want to make a tool button setting the global with of that pline.
>
> with ACA 2009 it looks like I can achieve this.

PLINEWID
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

would this command just change that property or all plines in the drawing file
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

PLINEWID stores the default value for the global width of the next polyline to be created. Changing this value will not affect the width of any polylines already in the drawing.

If you want a command to change the global width of all polylines in a drawing, you are going to need some sort of customization, such as an AutoLISP routine.

--

David Koch
Using ADT 2004 at work; access to 2005-2009 at home
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

David I remember us having this conversation a few months back, but with the addition of aca2009.. there is a way of adding fire rated plines, which is on the documents tool palette.

How were they able to create this tool?
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Lhudson wrote:
> would this command just change that property or all plines in the drawing file

Might MPEDIT be what you are looking for? - Multiple Polyline EDIT

Will globally change all (or selected) polylines and LWpolylines to the
desired width. Optionally changes selected lines and arcs to polylines
for processing.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Well, they are Autodesk and it is their program....

In the 2009 release, they tried to minimize the need for command-type Aec Content files running custom routines by creating special tools that could do the same without having the tool run an Aec Content file.

So they created a tool that replicates the old Aec Content fire-resistance-rated polyline routine.

They also added a generic command tool that has a layer key - so if you are looking to create a tool palette tool that draws a polyline on a particular layer, based on a layer key, without the need to select walls as the defining geometry, you might want to look into that. The custom command string could simply be the PLINE command, or you might write a simple LISP routine that collected the start point and width (or perhaps calculates the width?) and then starts up the PLINE command, feeds it the start point, sets the width, and then leave the user to enter the rest of the points for the polyline. The layer keying should kick in after the command is terminated - but you may want to test that just to be certain.

--

David Koch
Using ADT 2004 at work; access to 2005-2009 at home
Message 8 of 8
G Randall

I know this may be really simplistic but ...

I can think of very few situations where a global pline with setting other than 0 would be useful (to me anyway). Wouldn't it be very simple to simply select a line, right click, select similar and use a palette to set the width of all associated, similar plines?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost