AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting error msg when switching from paper to model space

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
vanderloo5
785 Views, 6 Replies

getting error msg when switching from paper to model space

Trying to finish someone else's half finished project  done in acad 2007. I'm working in Architecture 2009. I just opened a sheet template, xreffed the file into a viewport, and whenever I switch from model to paper space or back I get this message-

Cannot find the resource string number 25900 in resource AecXDisplayPropsData50-

It's driving me crazy! Anyone know what this is or how to resolve.
Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: vanderloo5

Have you tried to repair any of the files with RECOVER or AUDIT (you have to do it inside each file)?

Message 3 of 7
vanderloo5
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for your reply Dean. Yes I did try Audit to no avail. I searched this on google and found one person's solution to be to toggle back & forth on profiles and it went away. No such luck for me. Still having the issue.

Message 4 of 7

Having the same problem after switching from Autocad Architecture 2012 to 2014. Any new suggestions, because resetting to Original settings doesn't solve the issue for me?
Message 5 of 7
dbroad
in reply to: peter.vanorshoven

Those kinds of problems can sometimes be fixed by 1)doing a repair install or resetting the ACA application, 2)not saving back to an earlier version, and 3)not upgrading individual ACA files.

I usually keep working on a project in the same version it was created in until finished.  Upgrading usually causes detail component manager problems.  Might be the relationship between the tooltip information coming from a database that doesn't have the same keys as the newer version.

Are you using Project Navigator? I use that to place views on sheets instead of xreffing.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 6 of 7
peter.vanorshoven
in reply to: dbroad

I have tried resetting to original settings by the control panel, but that
does not do the trick.
Off course, I regret upgrading the file, but once done, one cannot undo it,
so I have to find a solution.
Moreover, it appears so many people are having this problem, I find it
really undecent from Autodesk not to give it a solution. The internet is
filled with threads about it since 2007 and earlier. I would think they know
by now they've got a problem.

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Peter van Orshoven,

AACO Architekten

http://www.aaco.be

gsm: 0496/62.38.98

Verdegemstraatje 38

9940 Evergem
Message 7 of 7
pendean
in reply to: peter.vanorshoven

Post the DWG file with the problem if you want others to help: we all reuse old DWG files all the time and this is not a prevalent problem for most users.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost