AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating Elevations and Closed/Filled Arrowheads

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Matasovsky
493 Views, 2 Replies

Generating Elevations and Closed/Filled Arrowheads

I've got multiview blocks of casework w/ OUR casework elevations as the front view.  I've created an elevation style to generate the elevations and get the desired display except for one thing.

I was having problem w/ the dimension displaying text and arrowheads appearred open.  Dimensions never change and are part of the block, so I exploded dimensions and then the text and this has text displaying in the front view now.

What I still have a problem w/ is getting the arrowheads to appear closed and filled.  Solid Hatch doesn't seem to work.  Tried a polyline w/ 0" at the start and 1-1/2" at the end, but that appears to be unsuccessful so far.

Any other suggestions or ideas out there?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Matasovsky

The routine that generates section/elevations does not "do" solid fills or hatches.  I am surprised you got text to work (unless you used TXTEXP to explode it down to linework).  The best you can do is use a line hatch with the scale set sufficiently small so that, when plotted, you get the equivalent of solid fill.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Matasovsky
in reply to: Matasovsky

Yes, I exploded text to linework.

Hatching how you suggest sounds like an option.  May try to make the arrow a block first before using it in the block of the front elevation.  Perhaps that will lock it first?  Just a thought.

I got this to work before...been too long to remember what I did.

Will update my progress for others interested.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost