AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generated 2D Elevations and Title Marks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ota
Observer
491 Views, 2 Replies

Generated 2D Elevations and Title Marks

I'm using ACA2010/64 in Win7 and a new problem just started: in a view drawing I'll generate a 2D elevation from a building construct inserted into the drawing. All works fine but when I get to the part to insert Title Marks I find that even though the model views are in the correct location for each elevation the titles do not grab the view titles or scales.

As I'm inserting the marks those 'phantom' boxes show up but way offset to the side. If I place the title in the general area where those boxes are the titles pick up the view info.

I've edited the view boundaries but still not working. The workaround is to delete all model views and define new ones.

This works fine but it would be nice if this work the way it's suppose to (as it was last week!)

The first attachment shows the model views in the correct locations.

The second attachment show the 'phantom' boxes. Placing the title marks in those boxes will pick up the view info but it I place it where the actual model view are (outside the 'phantom boxes) no info is grabbed.

This just started out of nowhere: is there a simple toggle that I accidentally flipped? or something?

Thanks for any help...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jliston
in reply to: ota

I wouldlike an answer to this also. I have had this happen in ACA 2012 also. I have also had the elevations start missing lines when generated. After refreshing 2-3 times about 30% of the lines were missing. I have had to cut and paste the model into a new drawing to get the new section marks to work again.

Message 3 of 3
BrockJRW
in reply to: jliston

I'm bumping this as i'm having the same issue now. 

Any help?

Thanks,

Ryan

Just resolved the problem of phantom boxes showing where deleted 2d elevations/sections have been erased. You must use the view manager (Command: VIEW). This will then give you several options for each model space view, current or deleted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost