AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freehand drawings

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
bcsinc.consuelo
876 Views, 3 Replies

Freehand drawings

I need to do some drawings in old style using freehand.  I have used shademode and choose sketchy just in model space; It does not allow me to use it on paper space. Also on model space I have applied the sketchy value to the viewport.

Beside all those problems when I print I have a very massy drawing with many lines on top of each other and it does take the plot style table, so the drawing comes in color not in black and white.

If somebody has suggestions I appreciate.

Connie

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

1.) In model space make sure you use the proper plot scale to work with you border. At worst you would take a paperspace Titleblock, copy, cut and paste this Titleblock into model space and scale up to the proper scale factor. Ex scale factor of 96 equals a 1/8th inch scale, 48 = 1/4" etc., etc., etc...

2.) When plotting set the plot stb, or ctb to momocrome (Black & White).

Milt Fitzgerald (a.k.a. Drafter1981)
Fitz’ Digital Cad Service L.L.C. (Consulting Business)
https://sites.google.com/site/fitzdigitalcadservice/
Message 3 of 4

Plot styles are not applied to any of the hidden or shaded visual styles, just 2D Wireframe.  You can tweak the settings for the Sketchy visual style, or create your own visual style based on Sketchy, in the Visual Styles Manager.  Under the Edge Modifiers category, try setting Jitter to Low if you want fewer overlapping lines.  Or you could just draw it by hand. 😉

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 4 of 4

Thanks a lot. It was the solution!.
I am plying with it to see its effects. I also want to put some hatching,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost