AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flatten 3D floorplan in ADT Architecture to 2D to be viewed in AutoCAD

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1517 Views, 4 Replies

Flatten 3D floorplan in ADT Architecture to 2D to be viewed in AutoCAD

I created my floor plan in in ADT 3D and need to turn it into a 2D floorplan that can be viewed and modified in AutoCAD.  I would like to be able to take text, dims, walls, and doors all at the same time.  Is this possible?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
aghis_no
in reply to: Anonymous

The best way is to use the etransmit function.

two possible ways:

1. from your project navigator, right click on the file and choose etransmit

2. from your application menu you choose AppMenu>SEND>etransmit

the next step is to configure a specific transmital setup to export as "aec exploded" and choose the version of the DWG file.

this will export the file "flatenned".

However, have in mind that: walls will be made out of lines (not polylines), hatches will be exploded.

hope it helps

regards

aghis

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: aghis_no

Aghis,

I was not able to get the way you described to work, but I just exported it as a plain AutoCAD file and it worked!  My 3D floorplan is now just a 2D floorplan.  The walls were changed into individual lines, but the hatched areas remained together and were not exploded.  Now this  floorplan can be opened and manipulated using standard AutoCAD.  Thanks again for your help.

Message 4 of 5
ntellery
in reply to: Anonymous

You got the right method Blaise as designed.

etransmit is to package the drawing and bits together but not ncessarilty for autocad.

The good thing about the export to, function is that it preserves your original file, not overwriting, so your 3d modelling is retained.

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ntellery

I know what you are saying there, I was dreading the idea of having to go in and edit that file, and now I can just make changes in my original file and re-export!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost