AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File give fatal error when opening

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Oilymo
787 Views, 4 Replies

File give fatal error when opening

All,

Can you help?  The attached file was saved and then upon reopening give a fatal error.  We've tried to recover and there appears to be an error that is fixed but then ACA closes with a fatal error.  Can anyone open and repair or shed some light on what's happened.  The file was saved in ACA 2012 on Win 7 x64

Thanks

Ben

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Oilymo

Bad news. I opened your file and it crashed ACA 2010. I then tried to RECOVER the file, and got an error message stating

Program Errors were detected.

Recommend that you save your work and restart the program.

After clicking "OK", I got a quick notice that the recovered database was accepted, but then when the file appeared on screen, the program crashed. If you are on Subscription, you may want to open a request on this file.

More bad news. It crashes ACA 2014 when trying to RECOVER the file there, as well. The initial error dialog is slightly more verbose in 2014, indicating that one error was found, one error was "fixed" and no objects were erased.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Oilymo

David,

Thank you for the prompt response. I am on subscription so could you please point me in the direction of opening a request on this file

Many thanks

Ben
Message 4 of 5
David_W_Koch

Sign into the Subscription Center (http://subscription.autodesk.com/), then select the Technical Support link on the left column on the page.  On the Technical Support page, in the Web Support area, select the Create a Support Case link.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Oilymo
in reply to: David_W_Koch

David,

Thank you.  I have opened a case.

Many thanks

Ben

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost