AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File always reverts to Perspective Hidden view on Save

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Libbya
479 Views, 9 Replies

File always reverts to Perspective Hidden view on Save

I have a file that always reverts to a hidden perspective view each time I save it regardless of it being set to a different visual style and parallel prior to save.  Any idea how to fix it?  It's very irritating to have to reset it each time I save the file...  

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Libbya
in reply to: Libbya

I guess it doesn't always revert to Hidden, just to perspective rather than parallel.

I seem to have solved the issue by creating a saved View that was set to parallel.  After setting the file to that saved view, the reversion to Perspective on save seems to have stopped.  I'd still be interested in the Why of it if anyone has further info.  I believe it has something to do with turning on the sky and background illumination for a render as the issue occurred afterward.  

Message 3 of 10
dbroad

If you use the project navigator to open a view drawing, you have the option of double clicking on the drawing or the model space view within the drawing.  Double clicking the former will open with the last saved state of the file.  Double clicking the latter will open the drawing from the specified view settings.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 4 of 10
Libbya
in reply to: dbroad

That has nothing to do with the issue described.  Try opening the file attached in the first post.  Change it to parallel.  Save it.  You will find that when you save it, it immediately changes to perspective and when the file it opened it is in perspect.  No use of project navigator was involved.  The file is not even part of a project.  

Message 5 of 10
dbroad

There is definitely something broken about the file but I have no idea what.  It audits OK but has lots of wierd dynamic blocks with mass elements, locked layers.  The visual style reverts to a shaded style.

Has this happened in other files?  If not, I'd just discard this file and move on.  Otherwise I'd report it as a bug.

Message 6 of 10
Libbya

The file I posted is a simplified version of a construct.  The 'weird dynamic blocks' are used as an interference to modify the window trim of D&W Assemblies.  While they may seem weird, they work quite well.  They reside on a layer that is turned typically turned off.  I do not believe they negatively affect the file or affect the perspective/visualstyle issue.  I just purged the file down to nothing WRT blocks, layers, styles display configs, etc... and the issue persists.  

I have confirmed it is a glitch with turning on the Sky.  I just created a new file with Qnew, set the visualstyles to hidden, turned on the sun, turned on the Sky and Background and saved the file.  That new file behaves the same and reverts to perspective any time you save.  It's a bug.  

As I mentioned previously, the cure is to create a named view that is set to 2d parallel.  Then set that newly made view current and the problem is gone.   

Message 7 of 10
dbroad

Glad you found the problem.  When I posted my first reponse, you had only the original post.  I overlooked your second response (before mine).  There is definitely something strange about the post timings listed.

Message 8 of 10
Libbya

Is there a recommended place within Autodesk to report that bug?

Can someone with 2014 see if the bug is still present (I'm using 2013)?

Message 9 of 10
John.W.Mumaw

Bug reports go here http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?id=1073063&siteID=123112

But this sounds an awful lot like this bug.

http://www.archidigm.com/lounge/architectural_desktop/rendering/AutoCAD_Architecture_2011_Skystatus_...

Hopefully Autodesk is already working on it.  I haven't had a chance to check it in 2014.

John

John W. Mumaw
Timber Frame Designer
Lost Bent Woodworking & Design
Message 10 of 10
Libbya
in reply to: John.W.Mumaw

That's definitely the bug.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost