AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fields preventing "####" or "---"

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ddifede
264 Views, 3 Replies

Fields preventing "####" or "---"

I imagine this has been asked and answered before, I am just not searching adequately. So I apologize in advance.

In my titleblock attribute block I have several links to the SheetSet, Project data, etc. Most of the fields are filled in with data and have no problems. I have some of the attribute in there to be ready for future useage. Such as Delta number and Delta description. I want to linnk the Delta and description to a detail in the Project Details. So I create a field and link it to the appropriate Project information. Redfine the block... Then I get the "---" or the "####".

How do I prevent this from Displaying when there is no info in the appropriate place. I want it there for future in the project, and dont want to delete it.

Ideas? Help.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: ddifede

Enter %% (two percent signs) as the value for the Project Detail items that you want to show as blank.  Credit for this goes to Jimmy Bergmark, in this article from his blog.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 4
ddifede
in reply to: David_W_Koch

You are CLEARLY... the man.... Thank You.
Message 4 of 4
pkolarik
in reply to: David_W_Koch

"%%".. interesting. I've been using the <alt> 160 method for years, but I'm going to give this one a try. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost