AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBX export from ACA2011sp1 gives useless file

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
wouterbleumink
924 Views, 7 Replies

FBX export from ACA2011sp1 gives useless file

Hi,

I want to use the FBX export option within ACA2011, but when i create an export the materials and textures are not exported and the geometry is all messed up.

Even after installing the recent update to ACA2011 the sittuation remains unchanged.

Is there a manual on how to setup your model before exporting to FBX or is the exporter messing up?

Regards,

Wouter

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
sam.chan
in reply to: wouterbleumink

Hi,

I did a brief test and encountered similar issue.  I have forwarded this to relevant staff to look into.

Thanks,

Sam

AutoCAD Architecture

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 8
wouterbleumink
in reply to: sam.chan

Thank you for looking in to this.

I am looking foreward to the fix for this problem.

Regards,

Wouter

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

I have been having issues with the ACAD 2011 fbx exporter as well. It insists on exporting each face of an extrusion or box as a separate object. I have confirmed this through conversion of the original exported .fbx to ascii using the Autodesk FBX conversion tool. What is going on and when will it be fixed? This is causing significant pipeline headaches for my team.

Erin

Message 5 of 8

Autodesk is looking into this defect. I have no idea about priority's, but the last bit of info i received about this problem dates from 10-27-2010.

The Defect ID Autodesk is using to track the issue is 1352130.

Regards,

Wouter

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Hello again, has there been any progress on this issue? Is there a web page available that allows users to monitor the progress of known bugs?

Thank you,

Erin

Message 7 of 8

Hi Erin,

I have not gotten any info from autodesk regarding this issue. I will contact Autodesk about the progress, but don't get your hopes up.... Smiley Sad

Regards, Wouter

Message 8 of 8

Hi,

I just recieved an e-mail from Autodesk. here is what is says:

Hi Wouter – unfortunately it looks like this issue will not be fixed for the 2012 releases. I’ve made a note into the defect that the customer is keen on finding a solution, and that you should be contacted whenever a fix is made available.

Allas, no fix for this issue.....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost