AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal error when rendering

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
aoifehn
1052 Views, 4 Replies

Fatal error when rendering

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me with some problems I am having while attempting to render.

Generally if i render with the low or medium presets they will render to completion, but the quality is just not good enough.

If i try to increase the render settings the programme invariably crashes/aborts giving me:

Fatal error: Unhandled e06d7363h exception at 7c812aebh

other times it just closes with no warning or fatal error.

It is large enough file (7.3 Mb) , however i have done everything i can to reduce the information while rendering such as turning off layers with walls, windows etc.. anything visible.

Surely if the file is too large it should just take longer to render and not abort completely!!??

I have a dell xps 630 Intel Core 2 Quad Core Processor
1 GB nVidia GeForce GTX 280
320 GB Serial ATA Non Raid (7200 RPM)

Any help would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jmcintyre
in reply to: aoifehn

The 1Gb of RAM will be an issue. Try having your task manager running while doing the hig quality render and watch the available physical memory drop.
I have had to upgrade to 8Gb to render at decent resolutions
Message 3 of 5
aoifehn

Thanks for your response J,

Sorry, my first post wasn't clear.

I have 4 Gb of RAM and the 1 Gb I was referring to was the graphics card!

Could you suggest any other way of resolving the Fatal Errors apart from increasing the RAM?

Many Thanks,

Aoife
Message 4 of 5
jmcintyre

Did you try running task manager whilst rendering and seeing if your physical memory runs low?
Even when I had 4Gb of RAM I could only run a couple of renders before running short. There seems to be memory leakage issues when rendering with 2009.
Also, what is your pagefile set to?
Message 5 of 5
M5

I have the same problem, I don`t believe that a program like Autocad Architecture could crash so often.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost