AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fascias and soffits

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
pdgroup
267 Views, 5 Replies

fascias and soffits

How do you add a fascia and soffit to a roof? I already have the fascia and soffit styles created but I can't figure out how to add them to the roof.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Libbya
in reply to: pdgroup

Click on the roof, go to the properties palette and click on the "edges" worksheet. Add the edge style to any sides you would like it to be on.

Andrew
Message 3 of 6
pdgroup

I go to the Roof faces and edges work sheet but I can not find a way to add the edge styles. What is the procedure?
Message 4 of 6
Libbya

If you already have the edge styles created, then when you go to the worksheet you will be able to click on the menu on any one edge. That edge will become highlighted in the preview. You can then click on the "Edge Style" currently listed (it will be *NONE* if you haven't assigned any yet) and a dropdown menu of all of the edge styles in defined in the drawing will appear. Pick the one you want for that edge. You can do the same to the "Edge Cut", "Overhang" and "Angle".

Andrew
Message 5 of 6
pdgroup

I think I figured out the problem. You have to convert roofs to roof slabs to be able to add edge styles. Is that correct?
Message 6 of 6
Libbya

I don't know. I never use the standard roof tool, I only use slabs.

Andrew

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost