AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

external reference dosen't show

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
prizmar
315 Views, 2 Replies

external reference dosen't show

Hi:

I am working with files that somebody else did, I need to bring an external reference and it dosen't show up, then I check on the ref command and seems like the external reference of that file is there, I check also on the layers and they are not off or frezze, what could be the problem?.

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: prizmar

Did you insert the external reference on a layer that is off?  (I assume that after inserting the external reference, you did not freeze the layer on which the external reference was placed.)

Have you opened the file being externally referenced directly, to verify that there are objects in model space in that file/

If there are objects in model space in that file, are they all AEC objects?  If so, does the host file have the appropriate Display Configuration and view direction set to permit the objects to display?

Are all of the objects in the externally referenced file annotative content?  If so, has the scale of the host file been added to those objects?  (Or, do the objects show up if you toggle on the display of objects at all scales?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
prizmar
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Thank you for the quick response, what I finally did was detach all the xrefs and attach them again.

My mistake I think was triying to reload and the path was not right.

Thank you again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost