AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Express tools

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
desgnr
2867 Views, 20 Replies

Express tools

Just installed Autocad Architecture 2014 on a new Pc.

Loaded express tools & when i try to use them i get unknown command in the command line.

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
pendean
in reply to: desgnr

Define "loaded express tools": since they are part of the custom installation of the software there is nothing to "load" afterwards.
Message 3 of 21
desgnr

I installed the Express tools through control panel.

Then i used the command Menuload & loaded the express tools.

I then selected breakline from the express menu & got Unknown Command in the command line.

Message 4 of 21
dbroad

Try issuing the expresstools command.  If they're installed, that command will add the menus and the other items needed to make the commands load.  If that command doesn't work, then the expresstools aren't "loaded".

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 5 of 21
desgnr
in reply to: dbroad

Is the command "exprestools"

If so it didn't work.

Message 6 of 21
David_W_Koch

The command is EXPRESSTOOLS.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 7 of 21
desgnr
in reply to: David_W_Koch

EXPRESSTOOLS does not work

Message 8 of 21
Victoria.Studley

If the Express Tools don't load properly from the command line, you can load them manually through the CUI Editor:

• Use the CUI command to open the CUI Editor.
  • Under the Customize Tab, right click on "Partial Customization Files".
  • Open the "acetmain.cuix" file (see attached image for location).
  • Verify EXPRESS shows up under the Partial Customization Files.
  • Click Apply, then Okay.
  • Check the functionality of Express Tools.

Try resetting the program to defaults if Express Tools still don't work:

• Click the START menu (lower left).
  • Select All Programs.
  • Select Autodesk.
  • Select AutoCAD Architecture 2014.
  • Select Reset Settings To Default (You will be prompted backup any custom settings at this point).

Once you've done this, try loading Express Tools via the command line, and then via the CUI Editor if that doesn't work.

If that doesn't work for you, you might try to unload and reload the Express Tools feature through the Uninstall/Change utility:

• From the Control Panel > Programs and Features, run the Uninstall/Change utility (double-click ACA 2014).
  • Click NEXT.
  • Uncheck "Express Tools" to unload them.
  • Click Update.
  • Reboot the machine.
  • Run the Uninstall/Change utility again.
  • Check "Express Tools" to reload them.
  • Click Update.
  • Open the program and try to load the tools via the command line and/or the CUI Editor.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 9 of 21
desgnr
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

Did all of above,rebooted & still get UNKNOWN COMMAND

Message 10 of 21
David_W_Koch

Is the folder in which the Express Tools were installed included in your AutoCAD Profile's search path (Options dialog, Files tab, top node)?

On my computer, in what I believe is the default location, that folder is C:\program files\autodesk\autocad 2014\express. Your location may vary.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 11 of 21
desgnr

The path is attached.

Message 12 of 21
desgnr

File path attached

Message 13 of 21
Victoria.Studley

Could you please verify that the Support File Search Path is included in the default location (see attached image)?

To do this:

• OPTIONS > Files tab.
  • Expand the Support File Search Path section.
  • If the path is not included, add it using the "Add..." button on the right.

Victoria Studley
Message 14 of 21
desgnr
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

Thank  you,the path was not there.

Added it & it works fine.

Message 15 of 21
Victoria.Studley

Glad to hear that solved it for you.

Victoria Studley
Message 16 of 21
75ironhead

I forgot to check the custom and Express tools check box when installing ACA 2014. so I did it the old way thru menu load, some express tools work and others do not work. I have check all support paths and everything seems to be in place. anything else i can try before aclean install? 

what ever happen to repair or fix in the install options?

Todd

Message 17 of 21
Libbya
in reply to: 75ironhead

You can add the express tools through a repair, no need to do a clean install.  

Message 18 of 21
leking115

I have done all of the above in the attempt to have the express tools load properly when AutoCad starts. I have run appload and manually select the files and load them. Then they will work. When I exit the program and go back in the express to do not work, I get "unkown command".  We have 3 seats in our office and all 3 do them same thing. 

We have done everything from unloading the program completely to a repair installation and still nothing works. We can see the menu tab and all the icons for the commands as well, but they do not work unless you load them manually as I stated above. 

All the files are in the right place, the path to the express tools shows up in the support files tab under options,  the CUI editor shows that the express tools menu is there and you can even watch it load during start up, but still nothing.

Can anyone please tell me why the tools still do not work?

All machines are running Windows 7 Professional SP1

My machine has an Intel Xeon Processor W3520 @ 2.67GHz with 4GB of RAM

Message 19 of 21
RayVigil4420

Hi David, I understand that this is a very old post, but our office has been using version 2014 for the past year and most of us have the same problem.  I have also loaded express tools on everyone's computer and express tools only works on one computer.  FYI, express tools does not automatically install with the software, you have to actually do a custom install for it to load the express tools.

Per your last post: Yes, the Express Tools appears in my AutoCAD Profile's search path (Options dialog, Files tab, top node) as well as on my computer in  C:\program files\autodesk\autocad 2014\express.

If you get this message or if anyone else can help, please help.

Message 20 of 21
pendean
in reply to: RayVigil4420

Ensure DEMANDLOAD variable is set to 3.
Ensure you properly installed ET after the software installation correctly like this http://autocadtips1.com/2012/04/16/load-express-tools-for-2013/?xpress-tools-for-2013/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost