AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exploding text with AutoCAD 2013

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
SeanHegstad2615
43781 Views, 7 Replies

Exploding text with AutoCAD 2013

Hi there,

I'm trying to export some AutoCAD files to SketchUp as DWGs... everything comes through fine, but the text (and certain other line-types) won't transfer over.  I know that with AutoCAD 2008 using Express Tools, you could do this easily by exploding the text.  How can I explode text using AutoCAD 2013, so that it will export as vectors in the DWG file?  

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jcp
Advocate
in reply to: SeanHegstad2615

I don't have 2013 loaded yet to check but in 2012 there is an Explode Text command (txtexp)  that is part of the express tools.

Message 3 of 8
svplaser
in reply to: SeanHegstad2615

Try the FONTCAM app in the Autodesk appstore.

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/ACD/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3afontcamtrial%...

It can explode text and do much more with your text. 

Message 4 of 8
diva86
in reply to: svplaser

Seriously this is the only option?! AutoCAD can not explode text by defult? The app doesnt seem to work on AutoCAD for Mac 😞

Message 5 of 8
svplaser
in reply to: diva86

Autocad has an express tool command called "txtexp" ( text explode).

But it has some bugs. The output geometry is not clean. Also op geometry is too dense in terms of number of vertices in the output polyline. ( hence too many lines of G-code for your cnc controller to handle , if u r using the text for cnc cutting ). 

FontCAM overcomes most of these problems. 

Currently fontcam is supported only for Windows.

Message 6 of 8
pendean
in reply to: diva86

Diva86....
1. This is the AutocAD ARCHITECTURE forum, for a product called AutoCAD ARCHITECTURE. Not AutoCAD as used by architects for architects to post in. So you are in the wrong forum. AutoCASD ARCHITECTURE is only Windows based at this time. Not what you have or run.

2. AutoCAd has never had the ability to explode text except SHX through Express Tools (not an option in MAC) or with TTF fonts and WMF out and in (also not a MAC feature).

3. AutoCAD/ARCH for Windows has access to an online store with goodies like FONTCAM: AutoCAD for MAC has no such ability to use much in the store for now, 3rd party developers don't seem to be interested.

3. AutoCAD for MAC has a dedicated forum, whether you are an architect or not, and where you need to post and seek help for MAC based AutoCAD software from Autodesk: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/bd-p/520
Message 7 of 8
plap1
in reply to: svplaser

Hello I load FontCam but did not find a way to explode text that is already in the drawing.

It seem to work only on new text.

I use Autocad 2014

My problem is that there is a lot of text coming from my customer file and exploding them with TXTEXP make the text mostly unreadable if I don't zoom each of them individually enough .

When I use TXTEXP on a multiple choice from a zoom out view the text transfer into an extraterrestrial font. 

The customer font is .shx though.

Even if I transfer it into txt.shx the problem still occur.

So do you have an idea to make me explode multiple text at once by keeping the letters ok ?

Thank in advance !

Message 8 of 8
pendean
in reply to: plap1

In Windows, this works if you don't like TXTEXP performance or only have LT https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Explod...

On a MAC, no option.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost