Solved! Go to Solution.
I am having this same error occurring with a few machines using AutoCAd Architecture 2011. It seems as though the error occurs on machines that I have installed a software called SpecLink from BSD. I thought it was due to ArcView since it was happening to two machines that had that software, but today it happened to someone who does not have ArcView, but does have Speclink. Is there a fix for this. I tried repairing the install and then uninstalling and reinstalling, but still no success.
I have noticed that some xrefs won't merge if they are made with some other 3th party application.
For example I have some very old drawing made with AutoCAD and GBa and whatever I do I can not merge them to my drawing. So maybe other 3th party programs cause the same problem.
It seems as though it is not a problem with the actual drawings because I am able to etransmit the same drawing on another computer. It seems as though it is a problem with a software I installed that is interfering with this feature in AutoCAD. The software is Speclink from BSD. I will be calling them and asking if they have heard anything about this. I tried it on a machine that did not have the software. Before installing this software, I tried creating the Etransmit and it worked. As soon as I installed the BSD software Speclink, it gave me the message. Then, when I uninstalled it, it started working again.
i do not have spec link installed and was having the same problem. the only way i was able to have it complete without an error is to save to a folder (not a zip) and keep existing drawing formats.
I't still not working the way it should but it was a step in the right direction.
Beacuse of your post, I started looking at why the zip utility was not working and I found that the program I was installing was installing two dll files is the C:\Windows\Syswow64 folder. The two files were dzip32.dll and duzip32.dll. They were dated from 1998. So I looked in my machine and found in the C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Architecture 2011folder that there were two files of the same name dated from 2004. So I copied these files into the SYSWOW64 folder and replaced the 1998 version and presto, now I am able to create zip files from the etransmit utility.
Thanks for the lead. I hope this helped you as well.
Looks like that solved the problem for me also. Ever since I installed AutoCAD Architecture 2001 (64bit) I have had the problem of etransmitting to a zip file. Etransmitting as seperate files was not a problem, but zipping was. Looks like the zip files are not being coded to the right area. Thanks for your post.