AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error saving file

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
apexdrafting
538 Views, 1 Reply

Error saving file

While working on a drawing about half the times I try to save a file ( usualy Keyboard entry " QSAVE " ) I get a pop-up window that says: " Unable to save file, Saving file as  sav****,tmp or a  atmp****.???.. If I Re-Enter the Command right away, but if I wait a few seconds and RE_ENTER the Command it saves the file just fine. I'm using Autodesk Architecture 2014 and I'm running it on a brand new computer.. Windows 8.1 Pro / Intel i5 Duel Core @ 2.4 g / 12 g ram so I don't think its a mem. or speed Problem. ( In the past it was easy to enter commands faster then the program/computer could process them ) After a drawing section my project folder has 10 - 15 of these sav/atmp files in it that I have to remove. 

Is anyone else having this problem ??

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: apexdrafting

Not generally seeing that here.

Are you saving the files to your local hard drive, or are you working with files on a Local Area Network?  (Or a Wide Area Network?) (Or on a cloud server?)

Are you using the Drawing Management feature (Project Browser/Project Navigator) and are the files part of an ACA Project?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost