AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQUIPMENT SCHEDULE NOT POPULATING

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ksuidgrad
1480 Views, 5 Replies

EQUIPMENT SCHEDULE NOT POPULATING

I have created an Equipment Schedule in ACA 2015.  I used the Equipment Tags in Content Browser and then generated the schedule by selecting those tags.  Once seleted, even though I have edited the tags with their own number, the schedule shows a ? in the number column and I cant get it to Autopopulate the numbers in the schedule...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ksuidgrad
in reply to: ksuidgrad

Also, when I populate the information for each tag in the attribute properties (only place i can find that i can edit this) the informatoin I put into one, autopopulates to all equipment tags and columns in the schedule.  Still however, no tag numbers show in the schedule.

Message 3 of 6
dbroad

My memory is hazy but try to right click on the schedule and choose "Add all property sets".

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 4 of 6
David_W_Koch

Can you reply and attach a small sample file with a few equipment items, the tags and sample schedule?

From what you describe (being able to edit the tag attributes of one tag and have it show in all), suggests that something is not quite right.  It may be that all of the tags are anchored to a single object.

You should be scheduling the objects, not the tags.  The data lives on the objects, and both the schedule table and the schedule tags are just ways to report that data.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 6
ksuidgrad
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Here is the area that i am trying to make the schedule for.  I made each "equipment component" a block and then seleted the equipment tag out of content browser and then applied it to the equipment.  I then selected the equipment schedule out of content browser, mass selected the tags and then inserted the schedule and it autopopulated as you see in the attached.

Message 6 of 6
David_W_Koch

Unlike a vanilla AutoCAD attributed block used as a "tag", an AutoCAD Architecture Schedule Tag does not store the property data within it, it merely displays the property values from the object to which it is anchored. The property data "lives" on the object itself, and it is those objects that you want to schedule. The items that you tagged are AutoCAD Block References, so your Schedule Table Style should apply to Block References.

One issue with using AutoCAD Block References as the object being scheduled is that, unlike AutoCAD Architecture objects, AutoCAD objects do not have styles/definitions, and so they cannot use style-based Property Sets (such as the ManufacturerStyles Property Set referenced by your equipment schedule). You could add manual properties to hold similar information, but it would have to be entered for each instance, even when you have multiple instances of the same object and want the same information. (AutoCAD Architecture Multi-View Blocks could be used to provide an object that can have a style-based property set attached. You just have to be careful to set up a way to filter out the Schedule Tags, which are also Multi-View Blocks, but which you would not want in your equipment schedule. A layer filter or a classification filter can be used for this, if you do not want to get fussy about selecting individual objects (or if you are scheduling an external file, or through an external reference, where you cannot select individual objects).

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost