AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Endcap; multiple components

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
calfcreek_2
326 Views, 2 Replies

Endcap; multiple components

I am trying to use a pline to create an open ended wall. When I try to 'calculate automatically' by selecting a pline the width of the wall (2 components 8" wide total) the dialogue comes up and asks which component I want to apply the endcap to. I want to apply it to both, but don't seem to have that option. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any input.

Keith D. Rodebush

RA

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: calfcreek_2

You need a polyline for each component.  If your open-ended endcap does not need to create an offset betwee components (along the Wall Length), but just have no linework at the end, you could use the same polyline for each component.  (ACA will scale the polyline so that the distance between its start and endpoints equals the component's width.  That can cause problems in some endcaps, but should not for a open-end one.)

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
calfcreek_2
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Thanks David.

I still couldn't assign to two different components at one time but I did it twice, once w/each component and it worked.

I won't fight success at this point....

Thanks for your time.

Keith D. Rodebush

RA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost