AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

elevation Mark A2 - Elevation Mark (w/ Sheet No.)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
557 Views, 6 Replies

elevation Mark A2 - Elevation Mark (w/ Sheet No.)

This block consists of two blocks - Anno_Arrow_A2 and Anno_Elevation_A2. It looks fine in model space but the arrow only disappears in the viewport. If it is a display issue, exactly what am I looking for in order to determine if this object is unchecked? What's weird is that if I select this arrow, look at the properties, click on the Display tab, there is the following note, "The appearance of this object is not controlled by the display sytem." So, how do I make it visible?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Following this thread, I tried different ways to insert the arrow. Attached is what I am getting. I did not notice it at first because the arrow is so much bigger than the rest of the elevation mark. Notice the absurb difference in scale between the two objects that make up this mark. What the heck is going on?
Message 3 of 7
David_W_Koch

Without looking at your file, it sounds like the difference between ACD-A Annotative content, which uses the drawing scale factor AND the annotation plot size to determine the size of placed content and AutoCAD Annotative content, which uses only the drawing scale factor. For example, if your scale is 1/8" = 1'-0" and your annotation plot size is 3/32", when placing ACD-A content using an ACD-A tool or command, a scale factor of 9 will be used (96 x 3/32). If you use the AutoCAD INSERT command on that annotative content, the scale factor will be 96 (or 32/3 too big, since the content is set up to use the ACD-A method).

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Can you look at the file? Both objects have the same scaling and they were obviously inserted in the same instance, but one is so much bigger than the other.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

In my case, the scale of both blocks is fine, and they are both visible in model space. The dissappear in the view port. The view port has all layers on and thawed...

is there a variable that needs to be set differently?

this was never an issue in Arch. Desktop 2006. I've only started experiencing it now, that we upgraded all the way to AutoCAD Architecture 2011.

Any luck with your issue so far?

Thank you

Message 6 of 7
David_W_Koch

If the drawing scale of the viewport is different from the drawing scale at the time of object creation, if the viewport's scale was not ever added to the elevation mark annotative content, and you have toggled off the display of all annotative content, then only annotative objects that have the same scale as the viewport will show and your elevation mark will not show in the viewport.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Thank you Mr. Koch - that was very helpful.

I have yet to fully grasp the concept of annotative scales, the meaning / implications of the lightning bolt and the lightbulb tools at the bottom right of Application window... but this was definitely a great start.

Best,

Lucia

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost