AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

editable text in PDF file

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
diesellam
3422 Views, 5 Replies

editable text in PDF file

Is it possible to create a PDF file directly from AutoCAD and yet I can still edit the text in Acrobat?  It's a client's request that he wants to edit the text down the road.

If so, what's method?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dbroad
in reply to: diesellam

It' tricky.  Use only TTF fonts.  Use no special style modifiers (oblique angle, width factor...).  Try with a small sample drawing first to get the hang of it.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 6
dlam

I used the arial font type, mtext and used DWG to PDF.pc3 and it didn't work.

I believe arial is true font type, right?  Because there's the double T icon next to it.

Message 4 of 6
dbroad

Mtext can add special modifiers, which you should avoid.  You may also have to tweak the DWG to PDF plot style.  Make sure it is not capturing the fonts you want to be text.  Those specifications are in the properties, custom properties, font handing.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 5 of 6
pmclish
in reply to: dbroad

I used a Times New Roman mtext multi-leader in my AutoCAD file, and then was able to edit the text in Adobe Acrobat Pro XI.  I did make sure the conversion was not capturing the fonts, using Professor Broad's earlier instructions.  (I use AutoCAD 2016, not an architecture product.) 

Message 6 of 6
brian_koerpe

I noticed that my text is editable when I export only in "Display" not window or extent.  not sure why.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost