AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit in Place - Walls

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
orm
Participant
605 Views, 8 Replies

Edit in Place - Walls

Fairly new to AutoCAD Architecture.  Using 2013 -

I'm finding that my edit in place modifications are not going up the entire height of a wall - for example if I try to add a 1" fillet to the corner of a wall, it may start at about 9" above the floor and go up about 6' with the top of wall at 10'.  This is the standard 8" cmu block wall - no modification other than the fillet.  Any thoughts?  This is a file I've been messing around with for quite a while as I've been learning.  If I create a new walls and do the edit in place fillet - it will work so its just the walls that have been there for a while that I'm having a problem.

Thanks,

Owen

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
leothebuilder
in reply to: orm

If you want a fillet at the end of a wall, create an encap style and apply to that end of your wall.

You can do this by in-place editing and upon saving, you are prompted to save to an endcap style.

Message 3 of 9
orm
Participant
in reply to: leothebuilder

I have an endcap which fillets the ends of the wall - which works correctly.  This is where a wall makes  a 90 degree turn and I want to fillet the edge to get rid of the sharp corner.

I should also mention - when I try to do a clean up on the exterior wall which at the corners has a 1" bump out to form a pilaster - that it has stopped working correctly too.

Thank,

Owen

Message 4 of 9
leothebuilder

As you are trying to apply this at a 90 degree corner that may give some unexpected results.

Have you tried a Plan Modifier?

E.g. draw in plan view what you want to achive with the pilaster and fillet. (Draw a poiyline)

The polyline should not be closed, it should start at a face of the wall and end at the face of the wall.

Once the polyline is complete, right click the wall, select "Plan Modifier" and select the polyline.

You will be prompted if you want to keep the geometry (the polyline) or not.

Answer yes or no, and a dialog box will pop  up.

You will be asked to give the pilaster a name, and a start and finish elevation for the bottom and top

of the pilaster. Once you filled in your options, click ok and you should have your pilaster as part of your wall.

Message 5 of 9
orm
Participant

Thanks again for the reply -

I did try the plan modifiet of the closed polyline.  It looked correct in the plan view but when I rotated to the 3D view the bump out starts at about 9" above ground and goes up about 6'.  I've attached an image to show my results of the way it used to work and how it works now.

Thanks,

Owen

Message 6 of 9
leothebuilder

When using the plan modifier and polyline, you have to be careful with the prompts for bottom offset and top offset for the 'pilaster'. Without knowing how you dealt with those it's difficult to offer any further hints.

Message 7 of 9

Thanks Bill...... The photos received from Dave's local contact look like the front wall is CMU...see attached. Leo Leo van Veldhuizen, Leed AP Project manager Archicon Architecture & Interiors, L.C. 5055 E. Washington Street, Suite 200 Phoenix, Arizona 85034 Tel +1 602.222.4266 E LeoV@Archicon.com www.archicon.comE-Mail Disclaimer Archicon Architecture & Interiors, L.C. makes no warranty or guarantee as to the correctness, completeness or propriety of the information released on its electronic image files. Any damages or losses suffered as a result of any use of Archicon's electronic files are without risk or liability to Archicon Architecture & Interiors, L.C. The release of Archicon Architecture & Interiors L.C. electronic image files is for User's convenience only and User assumes all risks, duties and liabilities associated with the use of Archicon Architecture & Interiors, L.C. electronic files. User agrees to indemnify and hold Archicon Architecture & Interiors, L.C. harmless from all claims, damages and expenses (including court costs and attorney fees) that User may suffer as a result of use of Archicon Architecture & Interiors, L.C. electronic files. Archicon Architecture & Interiors, L.C. make no representation as to the compatibility of its electronic files with other computer software and systems, nor regarding the electronic files being computer virus free. The information provided by Archicon Architecture & Interiors, L.C. Shall not be used for any purpose other than for the project attached and shall not be released to any other party without the written consent of Archicon Architecture & Interiors, L.C. The information contained on the electronic media is an instrument of service of Archicon Architecture & Interiors, L.C. Please note that the information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.
Message 8 of 9
orm
Participant

I don't remember it asking the question about offset from bottom or top - but I'll check again.  What's weird is that it will work properly on any new wallsI add but on all the walls that have been in the model for a while  will mess up.

Thanks again,

Owen

Message 9 of 9
derel

Owen

Did you ever happen to figure out the magic as to where the beight of the clean up stopped?  I'm brand new to ACA and having the same problem you explaned, I believe. (see my screen shot).

Even on new walls, sometimes it goes full height, sometimes it doesn't and I'm dumb found as to why.  Not sure it's related to the Cut Plane at all, another setting or what.

Just thought I'd see if you learned anything more since your last post.

Thanks!

-David

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost