AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Defined Schedule Tag

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gracefike
169 Views, 2 Replies

Edit Defined Schedule Tag

I've made my own 'defined schedule tag' that I would like to edit the layer and the text style of. I'm thinking I want to do this as I would edit a block with 'edit in place'. Is this possible?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: gracefike

You will not be able to edit the Multi-View Block in place. You can use "Edit in Place" on an instance of the view block. If you make changes to the attributes, you may need to run the MVBLOCK command, using the Update option. Some changes to attributes may also require that you reply "Yes" when asked "Update attribute text style and effects also? [Yes/No] :".

Note that if your tag tool is set to use the font of the current text style for the attributes in the tag, and that font is different from the one in the view block definition, saying "Yes" will make use of the font assigned to the attribute definition in the view block. That may be a good thing, if you are trying to change that font. If you are changing other things about the attribute display but want to leave the font as is, you will have to set the text style of the attribute definition to one that uses the desired font when making your other changes, unless you intend to get rid of existing tags and retag with the redefined tag.

--

David Koch
Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator
Using ADT 2004 at work; access to 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008 at home
Message 3 of 3
gracefike
in reply to: gracefike

Thank you David, I'll give this a try!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost