AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Transmit from print files

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
AIGmbH
383 Views, 6 Replies

E-Transmit from print files

Dear Autocad experts!

Since upgrading to AutoCAD Architecture 2013 we are having problems with the file size of export files via e-transmit.

We are currently using the following setup for e-transmit:

• Package: all files in one folder
  • Format: AutoCAD 2013 with exploded AEC objects
  • set Plotter to "none"
  • bind Xrefs
  • clean up file
  • include fonts

(not sure if I translated everything correctly from my German version)

When exporting my floor plans with the settings above, I get files around 50MB, instead of maybe 5MB.

We export from so called "print files" - dedicated files only for export and print purpose with Xrefs of all different drawing types

necessary for a floor plan. We already used to have the problem that the "bind Xrefs" function of etransmit binds

several instances of each Xref (5 or 6 blocks) which already did create fairly large files. But far away from 50MB!

Has anybody had comparable issues so far?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: AIGmbH

'exploded' means destroy you AERC objects into tiny little lines and create more code bulk in the file (increasing the files dramatically).

Change your setting if you want smaller files.
Message 3 of 7
AIGmbH

Generally speaking, it is true to say that file size increases significantly. However, we've been following this routine throughout several versions of Autocad and never ended up with files larger than - say 10MB. It seems like Autocad 2013 handles files differently.

Message 4 of 7
pendean

Yes, newer format, newer file content, things change.
As long as you explode you will get significantly larger files.

See if that's really still needed or not: might be a good time to change.
Message 5 of 7
dgorsman

What version did you upgrade from?  I'm thinking there may be some annotatively scaled objects being massively replicated for the different assigned scales ("visual fidelity"), which didn't happen prior to annotation scales being added.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 7
David_W_Koch

If this particular file has a larger number of viewports on layouts than your previous files, that could partly explain the increase in file size. ACA will duplicate the contents of Model Space as a block for each viewport, so that visual fidelity can be maintained.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 7 of 7
AIGmbH
in reply to: dgorsman

We upgraded from Version 2010. Since we belong to a large corporation, we are never exactly up to date with any software. It takes months and years until new versions pass our IT security.
"Visual fidelity" was actually turned on. However, switching it off did not help anything.
It seems that AEC objects are responsible for our problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost