AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dwg file version

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
arkitek2s
2472 Views, 5 Replies

Dwg file version

is there a command within ACA2012 to see what version of autocad created/modified the dwg file?  I have a file that i received but the walls are coming in as a single rectangle with 'AecDbWall (AecArchBase70)' in the corner. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: arkitek2s

No: but from your description it looks like your file was last saved down in 2013 or higher. There is no fix for you in 2012, you'll need to upgrade.
Message 3 of 6
pkolarik
in reply to: arkitek2s

If you're able to actually open the file in autocad, at the very top of the F2 info screen after the drawing is open you may be able to find a line similar to this:

>>Opening an AutoCAD 2010/LT 2010 format file.<<

Message 4 of 6
tedwardspg
in reply to: pkolarik

you can go to the Autodesk web site and download TrueView its free. You can then open the files in trueview and convert them down to the version you are working with.

ACA 2013
Windows 7 enterprise
Intel core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz
16GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 - 4GB
Message 5 of 6
pendean
in reply to: tedwardspg

Not a solution if the user wants AEC content to remain intact: unlike plain AutoCAD a vertical version like ARCH cannot be saved down to a lower DWG format and still permit AEC content editing.
Reread the original problem, someone already did your 'thing' to the file and it's the core of the problem.

Message 6 of 6
_Steven_
in reply to: pendean

Hi, Here's what I said on a French forum where I go regularly. I will post the answer in French and in English with Google translate, hoping that Google tranlate not too distorted response: Après avoir fait un essai avec différentes version d'AutoCAD, voici ce que j'en conclue. Un dessin créé avec AutoCAD Architecture peut être lu par AutoCAD et les objets AEC peuvent être manipuler en conservant les balayages automatique, les ouvertures des portes et des fenêtres qui s'ouvrent ou se ferme automatiquement, même les objets AEC personnalisés comme les murs avec des composants ou des modificateurs de corps,mais il faut que les Auto CAD aient le même format de dwg ou que le format du dwg de l'AutoCAD Architecture soit antérieur au format du dwg de l'AutoCAD. AutoCAD Architecture (dwg 2013) --> Acad (dwg 2013) AutoCAD Architecture (dwg 2010) --> Acad (dwg 2010 et dwg 2013) AutoCAD Architecture (dwg2013) ne fonctionne pas vers AutoCAD (dwg2010). Les objets AEC sont invisibles. Les murs peuvent être prolongés ou ajustés sur un autre objets mais ne peuvent pas être étirés. Par contre, je déconseille d'importer un de ces éléments dans un nouveau dessin vierge AutoCAD car suivant comment aura été configurer l'objet AEC dans AA, le fichier vierge d'AutoCAD risque d'être pollué par des calques qu'on ne souhaite pas forcement et qui ne pourront pas être purgés. Ni par JAV, ni par Radicalpurge. Je continuerai à faire des tests au fur et à mesure que des idées me viennent à l'esprit. In English: After a test with different version of AutoCAD, here is what I concluded. A drawing created with AutoCAD Architecture AutoCAD can be read by the AEC and manipulate objects can be keeping the automatic scans, door openings and windows that open or close automatically, even custom AEC objects like walls with components or modifying the body, but it has the Auto CAD have the same format or dwg format dwg AutoCAD Architecture is prior to dwg format of AutoCAD. AutoCAD Architecture (dwg 2013) -> Acad (dwg 2013) AutoCAD Architecture (dwg 2010) -> Acad (dwg dwg 2010 and 2013) AutoCAD Architecture (dwg2013) does not work to AutoCAD (dwg2010). AEC objects are invisible. The walls may be extended or adjusted on another object, but can not be stretched. However, I do not recommend importing one of these elements into a new blank drawing as AutoCAD has been set according to how the AEC object in AA, the virgin AutoCAD file may be contaminated with layers that are not necessarily want and can not be purged. Nor JAV, nor Radicalpurge. I will continue to test as and when ideas come to mind.
Steven

Ce post vous a été utile ? N'hésitez pas à aimer ce post.
Ce post a-t-il répondu à votre question ? Cliquez sur le bouton APPROUVER LA SOLUTION en dessous de la réponse.

« L’homme de bien n’exige pas de l’autre qu’il soit parfait, il l’aide à accomplir ce qu’il a en lui de meilleur. »
Lao Tseu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost