AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual monitors in 3D modeling

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1500 Views, 7 Replies

Dual monitors in 3D modeling

Is it possible to move perspective or another view to a second monitor in 3D modeling? Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
danellis2982
in reply to: Anonymous

Yeah, or at least by extension.  there's no specific "this is monitor one, this is on monitor two" setting.

Make sure your AutoCAD window is "restored" rather than maximised, then drag the window to cover as much of the two monitors as you want it to.  Then just use the -VPORTS command to divide the screen up how you want it.

dJE

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: danellis2982

Thanks
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

I try to move restored window (Model Space) to the second monitor to get another 3D model view on the second monitor, but window moves just within my first monitor and doesn’t want to move to to the second. Display setting is correct – for two monitors, I can move my desktop icons to another monitor, but not CAD viewport window. Please advise. Thanks.

Message 5 of 8
danellis2982

Try making sure that AutoCAD itself is "restored" as opposed to just the file windows inside AutoCAD?

dJE

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

CAD windows moves to second monitor. But file window does not. I divide my working space onto two VP by “VIEWPORTS” command, but it still doesn't want to move. I'm trying to figure out how I can create few different views of the same drawing and move some to the second monitor. Thanks

Message 7 of 8
danellis2982

Stretch your CAD window across *both* screens, then set up your VPORTS.  It may take a bit of trial and error to figure out how many times you need to split the viewports before joining them back together.

For example I set mine up so there's a 2/3 split - the left-hand viewport or twice the size of the right-hand one.  To do this I do a VPORTS split into three then join the left-hand two together.

dJE

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks much, works for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost