AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing freezes while creating hundreds of dwl temp files

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1298 Views, 6 Replies

Drawing freezes while creating hundreds of dwl temp files

Autocad stalls and ultimately crashes when opening certain files. While it stalls I can see in the local user temp file it is creating hundreds and sometimes a thousand dwl, dwl2 and dwg files. Can I salvage this drawing?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
tedwardspg
in reply to: Anonymous

how many xrefs do you have in these files? This can expain some of your problem.

ACA 2013
Windows 7 enterprise
Intel core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz
16GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 - 4GB
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: tedwardspg

Thanks for the reply. There is one xref and it is stalling on loading that xref. The xref file opens fine. I recovered and purged the xref and it still stalls and ultimately crashes on opening this dwg. I inserted the drawing into a clean qnew file and recreated it. It works again, but this is the third file that this has happened to within a week. Others in the office are able to open the files without an issue.
Message 4 of 7
jorgeseptien

I hate to tag along with this post but I am currently having the same issue with one computer and a couple of files.  All of a sudden, the file will not open and hundreds of DWL and DWL2 files are created in the temp folder.  I can open this same drawing on other computers without a problem.  I have already uninstalled and reinstalled AutoCAD on this computer.  I am actually using AutoCAD Architecture 2013.  Any fixes out there? (Please do not reply "update to the latest version").  I am contractually obligate to use 2013.  Why does it only happen on one computer?

Jorge Septien
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: jorgeseptien

I have found that this happens only when the file is also saved to Autocad 360. I unlinked it from the cloud and the file then works fine. Hope this helps.

Phil

Sent from my mobile device.
Message 6 of 7
jorgeseptien

Thank you Phil.  That worked.  I went into Options and clicked on the "Online" tab and unchecked the "Enable colud storage".  I am not sure why that was enabled in the first place.  I didn't turn it on.  We only use the online for rendering Revit.  I found a bunch of people asking this same questions throughout the forum but no one had an answer.  Thank you again. 

Jorge Septien
Message 7 of 7
msvalenz

I even dont have the online options and it still makinng me dwl files! i cant recover my files and it is really annoying!

Help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost