AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing becomes too thick to read after switching from 11x17 to 18x24 papersize

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
407 Views, 4 Replies

Drawing becomes too thick to read after switching from 11x17 to 18x24 papersize

I need to plot my drawing from an Arch C 18x24 layout in paperspace. I had been plotting this drawing from Arch B 11x17 with a 1/4" scale and everything came out great. I loaded a new layout at Arch C 18x24, added a viewport, and then set my drawing to 1/4" scale and the drawings shows up too thick and the text and dimensions become harder to read. Please see attached screen shot, I'm sure it's something simple but can't manage to figure this one out.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MarySeufert
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you have the same pen styles appied to both page setups?

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: MarySeufert

Hi, thank you for your response. I'm not 100% sure what you mean when you
say pen style... but this is the same drawing with the same line weights,
it's just seen through a different view port on a larger layout. I didn't
change anything else.
Message 4 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

When you say larger layout, do you mean a different layout tab?  Each layout tab can have a different plotting setup, including a different plot style table assigned.  Depending upon how the plot style table is set up, the plot styles in it could be overriding the lineweights assigned in the drawing.

See additional questions in your other post on this topic.  In the future, it would be better to reply to your original thread than to create an entirely new one, so that everyone can see the entire conversation in one place.  Thanks.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: David_W_Koch

I was working within a new tab which I had loaded a new titleblock for. Your comment lead me into the page setup manager where I realized my last 11x17 layout was set for the plot style monchrome.ctb so I checked my new titleblock.. and surely enough it was not set to that. Setting my new titleblock to that plot style seemed to do the trick. I had also selected all my lines and put them on my layer 0. This cleaned everything right up. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost