AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dragmode issues or Something else...

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
670 Views, 1 Reply

Dragmode issues or Something else...

i just recently had my computer switched to a different network (2 jobs merging). my profile was partially saved but not everything is working like before.

Dragmode

when i stretch anything by the grips, like i want to stretch it 3 more inches it makes it 3 inches total instead of adding to,

if i turn Dragmode off it works but then i cant see the object moving or if i copy something else over i cant see it.

i didnt have this problem before and i know there is maybe another option some where else to have both stretching by the grips to just add and to show the object moving.

when dragmode is on ON or AUTO i get those transparent boxes with the dims i dont know where to access them maybe to turn off and my problems fix..?

please help

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

Turn off Dynamic Input, or use the Tab key to cycle through to the dimension you want to edit (the overall dimension is highlighted in your screen shot - you want the left dimension in the lower string if you want to type in the amount by which the object will increase, instead of the overall dimension).

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost