AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door/Window Assemblies

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
andrewmga4351
401 Views, 5 Replies

Door/Window Assemblies

I have an assebly with the door going down to grade level and the flanking windows 30 inches up.  I used a profile to create the assebly shape. In plan you cannot see the brick below though you can see it between the assemblies I have attached a screen grab.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Try an override of the cut plane for the DWA to cut through the brick.

Message 3 of 6

I couldn't get it to work, I changed the cut plane in both the dwa and the wall to no avail.  eventually broke it into two dwas and a door

Message 4 of 6

The display of the DWA's can be very cantankerous.

I have some that display a sill at a door opening and whatever I try, I can't get it to turn off.

And on others I don't have this problem and the door opening shows correctly without a sill.

Go figure............

Sometimes I get so frustrated I just draw 2d linework.

Message 5 of 6

Is the Below Cutplane (or something like that, this is from memory) in your active Display Representation for Walls turned on?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 6 of 6

Yes it is Andrew J Moiseev, RA Moiseev/Gordon Associates, Inc. 4351 Delemere Court Royal Oak, MI 48073 248.549.4500 ext 221 248.549.7300 facs www.mga-architects.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost