AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door tags assigned to spaces

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jorgeseptien
3157 Views, 2 Replies

Door tags assigned to spaces

OK I thought I had this.  I have created custom spaces and I have been able to build room with doors and then add a door tag that updates automatically with the info of the door.  But for some reason, I am unable to assign the door to the space.  I am not using project and I think that may be my problem.  I feel as though I am almost there, but I can't assign the door to the space so that when I add a door tag it recognizes that the door is in a wall in a space and then gives me those numbers.  If I click on the tag, I am able to anchor it to the space and then the room number appears in the tag, but I was hopnig to have it do it automatically.  I have the door squiggle inside the space but I don't know how to attach it and also the space seems to have a number project based assigned to it, but that is not what I want since the drawing is not project based.

Can anyone help.  Thanks.

Jorge Septien
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: jorgeseptien

In an object-based property set attached to the Door, you need a Location property that references the specific property you want from the Space object.  If you have a "squiggle" grip (four-pointed star grip with spline-like tail back to the Door origin point, called a Location grip), then you already have a Location property attached to the Door, but it may be referencing a property other than the one you want.

Are you trying to use the room number of the Space as part of the Door's tag?  If you are not using ACA projects, you will need to do some editing/creating to get the properties you need.  This blog article

http://architects-desktop.blogspot.com/2008/12/non-project-door-tag-using-room-number.html

should get you started.  Post back with any additional questions.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
jorgeseptien
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Hi David,

Thanks for your always welcomed advice.  I actually figured it out.  I had created a door tag that had both a door number and the space number underneath.  Since I was not using project data, I added the SPACEOBJECT:NUMBER to the bottom of the door tag and it wouldn't update.  So after reading your post from years ago on the Architect's Desktop blog, I realized that it had to be a door object and not a space object that had to reference the door.  I then looked in the property set of Door Objects and noticed that there was an entry for Room Number that was referencing the space object: number as project based number.  I just changed it to number and then change the door tags attribute to reference the Room number from the door object rather than the space object: number.  I all works now.  Thanks again for your help.

Jorge Septien

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost