AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door Schedule

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
486 Views, 11 Replies

Door Schedule

Is there a way to sort out a type of door from a door schedule?

Thanks
Dave
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you mean exclude a certain "type" of door from a schedule? If so, the answer is yes and there are two ways to do so: setting a layer wildcard or by using classifications.

More detail can be found here:
http://architects-desktop.blogspot.com/search/label/Schedule

Note the date on the article; the ability to override the classification set on an object's style/definition was added in more recent versions. I believe this was first introduced in the 2008 release, but it may have been in the 2007 release, which I can not check at the moment.

--

David Koch
Using ADT 2004 at work; access to 2005-2009 at home
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

I was able to check 2007, and you can override the classification at the object level in that release, also. They are applied at the style level only in 2004-2006.

--

David Koch
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

dave,
went to we page but did not see anything on how to use classifications, did I miss it or was it part of a different article?
THX
D
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

Well, I obviously copied the wrong link there. Try this one:
http://architects-desktop.blogspot.com/2005/11/filtering-objects-in-adt-schedule.html

--

David Koch
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

How do I get the classifications to show up in the schedule table style? I
THX
D
Message 7 of 12
mattmurphy

As an alternative to classifications you could try the following program:
ACA Quantifying & Item Numbering –
http://www.3dcadmax.com/Schedule-ACA.htm

It allows you to make a selection of objects before you start OR manually add / remove items from your table. This allows you to create your table to show only the objects (doors in this case) that you desire.

As a note it can also combine spaces / add structural member lengths and a few things more......
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

If the Classification Definition applies to all styles, or if it applies to the same styles as the Schedule Table, it should show up on the Applies To tab when editing the Schedule Table Style.

--

David Koch
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

I'm trying to customize a project based door schedule. My problem seems to be trying to get the room name which is a space object to show up in the schedule that mostly consist of door objects, door styles and such. I have everything else but that portion of it is coming out as ?. I've checked the property sets and everything and I think it's done correctly.
Message 10 of 12
David_W_Koch

If you are trying to bring in data attached to Spaces in your Door Schedule, and have that data associated with and appear on the same line as the Door, then you do not want to make the Door Schedule apply to Spaces also, as that would only add Spaces to your Schedule, not get the Space data associated with a specific Door.

What you want to do is add one or more Location properties to an object-based Property Set that you attach to your Doors. You will need one Location property for each property you want to read in from your Space. You will need to have both the Door Property Set and your Space Property Set(s) in the drawing file in which you want to set this up, in order to be able to specify the Space Property to be assigned to each Location property.

When a Door (or any other Aec Object) has an object-based Property Set attached that includes a Location property, the object will "sprout" a new grip - a four-sided star attached to the Door origin by a curved, dashed line. Position this grip over the Space to be "read".

Once you have the Location property(ies) reading in the desired datum(a) from the Space, you can then add this(ese) property(ies) to your Schedule Table, and get a Room Name on the same line as all of your other Door data.

--

David Koch

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

Sorry to tag on this post but I have a follow up question. David, I left a comment on your site, feel free to ignore it.

Ok. Project Navigator Project in 2009. the Door are set with location properties. The schedules work like a charm, until my team start putting all the curtainwalls in a single file, and that means doors on multiple levels in there.

So, if i am reporting the schedule for Level 3, it catches all the rest of the doors in that spanning construct. How do I go about filtering those out?

I mean, the easiest thing to do is to create door layers for each level in the spanning construct: A-Door 1, A-Door 2 and then filter by that. But i wish there was another way, like property a manual property i can attach to the door. Doing it with Object based classifications will work, but i will need multiple schedule styles to catch each floor. (Would work better if CAD has cascading styles though, but that is a new topic)

As a side note, can i make a schedule NEVER update until i manually tell it to? Even if it is referencing an external file?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Sincerely,

Iova

Edited by: iozzilina on Feb 18, 2010 8:58 PM Edited by: iozzilina on Feb 18, 2010 9:18 PM
Message 12 of 12
helsinki_dave

iozzilina

couldn't you just use Classifications on these too..something like 'Level' then '1' '2' '3'

..seems querky, in a previoius life we'd put doors per construct without exception.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost