AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door Schedule

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
salvagni
390 Views, 6 Replies

Door Schedule

Does anyone know how to link a door frames width and height to the door schedule?  For example if I have a 3'-0" x7'-0" door the frame width would be 3'-4"x7'-2", I would like this to automatically generate in my door schedule when I insert a door without me having to manually put it in.  I am using AutoCAD Architecture 2010.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
leothebuilder
in reply to: salvagni

The door objects PSD already have automatic properties for RoughHeight and RoughWidth.

These sizes report the door size plus 2" which would work for you as frame sizes.

Just add to your door schedule.

Message 3 of 7
salvagni
in reply to: leothebuilder

Ok great thanks that worked.  Now what if you have a door and window assemby with a door in it how do you get the width and the height of the frame?

Message 4 of 7
leothebuilder

The door/window assembly already has an automatic PSD to report the overall width and height of the DWA frame.

Any door or doors withing the DWA will report the actual size of the door via door objects e.g. 3.0 x 7.0 feet.

Not sure if you really want to add a door frame size that is already part of your DWA.

If you have a DWA 20 feet long x 10 feet high with a single door 3.0x7.0 do you still want a door frame size of 3'-4" x 7'-2" ?

The only way to do that woulld be with a formula PSD that adds 4" to the door width and 2" to the door height.

Message 5 of 7
salvagni

Ok so the next question is in my drawing i have doors and i also have door and window assemblies with doors in them.  how when i do my door schedule do i get the width and height of the door frames for regular doors and for door and window assemblies with doors in it. 

Message 6 of 7
salvagni

Let me explain what I am trying to do.  I have a building that has different wall types. Some walls are CMU which requires a door frame to have a 4" head, so i have to use a door and window assembly.  I also have walls that are stud and drywall which i can use just the regular door tool.  when i produce my door schedule i need the door frame width and height for the regular doors and the door frame and height for the DWA with the 4" head to appear on my door schedule.  i do not want the overall width for both the regular doors using the door tool and the DWA to appear in the same cell but in the same column, i have a column for width where i want the overall frame width for the doors and DWA and i have a column for height where i want the overall frame height for doors and DWA.  hopefully this clarifies things.

Message 7 of 7
leothebuilder

As you mentioned, the interior doors with 2" frames is no problem.

The 4" header in a DWA is tricky and the only thing I can think of is a formula PSD with adding 4" to the height.

Maybe someone else has a better suggestion.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost