AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door Schedule will not place 2nd level below 1st?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Jason_S
250 Views, 2 Replies

Door Schedule will not place 2nd level below 1st?

I had this working properly and now it isn't working again. I have a project that has A100 and B100 Areas. The "A" area has a second floor. I want the A200 Area doors to come after the A100 and B100 doors. I placed quote marks around the data it is pulling from the PSD and still nothing.

Ideas on what I am missing?

Thank you for the help.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Jason_S

How are your room numbers created?
--Are you manually typing in the entire room number into one manual property?
--Are you deriving the "A" or "B" from an automatic Project Property referencing the Division (if using Project Navigator), or from a separate manual property (if not using Project Navigator)?
--Are you deriving the numeral for the floor ("1" or "2" in your example) from a separate property (automatic Project Property referencing the Level property if using Project Navigator or a manual property otherwise)?

The reason I ask is that the easiest way to get a Schedule Table to sort the way you want would be to include an additional, hidden column that indicates the floor level, and sort on that column first, then sort on your room number column. That would get all spaces on the first floor up top, followed by those on the second floor.

If you are just entering the entire room number in one manual property, you may want to consider breaking it up into components and then useing a formula property to concatenate them into the room number. The alternative would be to set up a formula property to "extract" the floor level information from the room number, and use that property as the initial sorting property in the Schedule Table. If your room numbering follows consistent rules for the letter prefixes and floor level indicators, it would not be too hard to extract the floor level. It would be easier, of course, to start out with separate values.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Jason_S
in reply to: Jason_S

David,

Thank you again for helping me out. I added a PSD for DoorLevel that reads the Project Nav Level and bingo.

I was trying everything else I could think of but that.

Thank you again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost