AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door Schedule no reflecting Door Style Info

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
445 Views, 5 Replies

Door Schedule no reflecting Door Style Info

As stated above the door schedule does not reflect the door information in the door style.

I believe the conflict has to do with the door or property set data (See Attached).

The other odd thing about the door schedule is that when you try to add a column for door number located under the doorobject property set it doesn't even let you view any of the doorobject properties.

If anyone has experienced please let me know what you did to fix it.

Thank you ahead of time,
JReid
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Your picture shows some PSD's attached but they are all rolled up!
Click on the schedule itself and right click - add all property sets.
If still not showing then you need to add more PSD's to your doors.
Proberly go to your Styles drawings and see what is available OOTB.
http://architects-desktop.blogspot.com/ has excellant info on all thinigs
scheduling.

wrote in message news:6334244@discussion.autodesk.com...
As stated above the door schedule does not reflect the door information in
the door style.

I believe the conflict has to do with the door or property set data (See
Attached).

The other odd thing about the door schedule is that when you try to add a
column for door number located under the doorobject property set it doesn't
even let you view any of the doorobject properties.

If anyone has experienced please let me know what you did to fix it.

Thank you ahead of time,
JReid
Message 3 of 6
David_W_Koch

Can you ZIP up and post a small sample file that has some of your doors, with the property sets you are using attached, and your door scheduletable styles?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I have solved most of the problems, but the problem that I have now is that the door size does not show up in feet and inches. I have tried everything that I can think of to get it to work. I think it might be something in my formula.

Thank you for looking at this for me Edited by: lovett on Feb 11, 2010 4:08 PM
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Change the formatting of the text, "long" I think is the one you want
Message 6 of 6
David_W_Koch

There is nothing in particular wrong with your formula - what you are seeing is a limitation of the ability of formula properties to deal with embedded double quotation marks, which are used both to delimit text strings and to indicate inches in imperial units. If you want a formula property to have a result of 3'-0" x 7'-0", then you are going to have to start with the raw numbers and build the string within the formula itself. You will not be able to take the automatic property value, formatted for feet and inches, and pass it through a formula property.

Building the string is not all that hard (use CHR(34) to generate the inches mark when concatenating the final result string), but since you also are using the "PR" variant, you would also have to track the door type, then build the string accordingly. For example, a Width of 4'-0" would be reported as 4'-0" for a single swing door, PR 2'-0" for a pair of doors or a pair of sliders, 3'-0"(1'-0") for an uneven pair of doors if the leaf width is 3'-0", 2 @ 2'-0" for a bifold door, 3 @ 1'-8" for a triple slider and 4 @ 1'-0" for a double bifold. (There may be other variants; and yes, I do realize that 4'-0" is not an appropriate real-life width for all of those door types.)

Creating a formula property that could do the above has long been on my "when I get around to it" list, so that I could have a single schedule that includes both Doors and Door/Window Assemblies with a single opening column following the Door "PR" format, but I have never "gotten around to it". It has been on the list so long that I am begining to think that I never will find the time to do it. On real-life projects, I generally use a cased opening Door object on the Door Schedule and then either put that on a non-plotting layer and place the Door/Window Assembly to generate the graphics -OR- skip the DWA altogether and use the cased opening Door object to show the frame and fake in the rest of the graphics. BIM blasphemy? You bet, but when you are only using the "model" for the plan and the project needs to get done and the schedule does not include 40 hours to customize a formula property, you do what you need to do.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost