AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have geolocation with Arch2014

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
igroup.kskoog
721 Views, 5 Replies

Do I have geolocation with Arch2014

I was told I would get online geographic satelite images thru my 360 account with Architecutre 2014. I can not find this option. Do I actually get it or do I need a higher suite package? We are using Building Design Suite Standard.

Kory Skoog

CADD Technician

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: igroup.kskoog

Geolocation is built into all 2014s I believe, here is a video demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5zEyVof9xk

If you are seeking specific Autodesk 260 or AutoCAD 360 help, that's different so please explain in more detail.
Message 3 of 6
igroup.kskoog
in reply to: pendean

Got it solved. I was informed to sign into Autodesk360 and use the Autodesk 360 ribbon to access the online map. I could not find it in the ribbon or on Autodesk360 website. I found the Geolocation ribbon and added to my workspace and works fine. I was trying to find how to acces the online map. Thank you for all your help

Kory Skoog

CADD Technician

Message 4 of 6
Lineabove

For the benefit of others, please post the steps to add the GeoLocation ribbon to your workspace.

Message 5 of 6
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Lineabove

I am not certain what Kory did, but assuming that you are using the ACA.cuix as your main customization file, to add the Geolocation tab you will need to transfer it from the ACAD.cuix file, where it is defined.  One way to do so would be to create a new customization file, which you would add as a partial customization file, transfer the Geolocation tab to that file and then edit your Workspace(s) to add the tab to it(them).

1.  At the Command: prompt, type CUI and press Enter.  (Or, on the Manage ribbon tab, on the Customization panel, select the User Interface tool.)

2.  In the Customize User Interface dialog, select the Transfer tab*.  The left side should be labeled "Customizations in the Main File" and the right side should be labeled "Customizations in New File".  If so, skip to Step 4.  If not, proceed to Step 3.

3.  If the right side is not labeled "Customizations in New File" at the top, select the "Create a new customization file" tool.  This tool has an icon that looks like a piece of paper with the top right corner folded down, with a yellow starburst in the upper left corner, and is located between the customization file pull-down and the "Open customization file" tool.

4.  On the left side, select the "Open customization file" tool, which has an icon which looks like a partially open file folder.  In the Open dialog, navigate to the folder where the out-of-the-box customization files are stored, if necessary.  The default location for these is C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ACA 2014\enu\Support, substituting your user name for "[your user name]".  If your installation has had the file locations customized, this may vary.  Select the acad.cuix file and then select the Open button.

5.  On the left side, expand the Ribbon node by clicking on the "+" in front of the node.  Expand the Tabs node as well.

6.  On the left side, scroll down if necessary, to find the Geolocation tab.  Left click and drag the Geolocation tab over to the right side, moving your cursor on the Ribbon node on the right side.  You should see the cursor change from a slashed circle icon to a screened rectangle when you are over the Ribbon node.  Release the left mouse button to copy the Geolocation tab to the new customization file.

7.  On the right side, select the "Save the current customization file" tool, which looks like an old floppy disk (if you are old enough to remember those).  In the Save As dialog, select a location and provide a name for your partial customization file.

8.  Select the Customize tab.

9.  In the upper left corner, there is a pane titled "Customizations in xxxxx".  If this pane is collapsed (double arrow icon at right side of pane points down), select the double arrow icon at the right side to expand the pane.  In the upper left pane, select the "Load partial customization file" tool, which has an icon that looks like a partially open folder with a green "+" sign.

10.  In the Open dialog, navigate to and select the customization file you just created.  Select the Open button to load that customization file.

11.  In the upper left pane of the Customize User Interface dialog, use the customization file pull-down and select All Customization Files.

12.  Expand the Workspaces node, if necessary.  Select a Workspace to which you want to add the Geolocation tab.

13.  In the upper right pane, which should have changed to Workspace Contents for the selected Workspace, select the Customize Worksapce button.  The items in the upper right pane should turn blue.

14.  Expand the Ribbon tabs node in the upper right pane.  Verify that the Geolocations tab has been added to this Workspace.  If the tab has not been added, in the upper left pane, expand the following nodes:  Parital Customization Files > [name of your new customization file] > Ribbon > Tabs.  Click in the square in front of the Geolocation tab to put a green checkmark there.  This will add the tab to your Workspace.

15.  If desired, drag and drop the Geolocations tab to the position between the other tabs where you want it to appear.

16.  Select the Done button in the upper right pane.

17.  Repeat steps 12 - 16 for any additional Workspaces in which you want to see the Geolocations tab.

18.  Select the OK button to dismiss the Customize User Interface dialog.

Give ACA a few moments to update the user interface.  Assuming that you added it to the current Workspace, you should eventually see the Geolocation tab.  If you did not add it to the current Workspace, use the Workspace Switching tool on the Application Status Bar (right side, icon looks like a gear) to set current a Workspace to which you did add the Geolocation tab.

* - If you do not have tabs in the Customize User Interface dialog, check the bottom right button in the dialog.  It likely has an icon of a right-pointing arrow head (or a greater than ">" sign).  Select it to expand the dialog and gain access to the tabs.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 6 of 6
Lineabove

Thank you David,

This is very helpful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost