AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distance of Sprout on Location Property Definitions

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
jasonium
832 Views, 20 Replies

Distance of Sprout on Location Property Definitions

Is there a way to preset the reach of the sprout on Location Property Definitions in Property Sets?

For example, I have upper cabinets that aren't over a Space, because there isn't flooring underneath them. Because of this, the sprout reports "Space Not Found" in the cabinet schedule, and I have to go in and manually pull each sprout out until it latches onto a Space.

I would like to set all sprouts to automatically reach out 2'6" from their insertions point. Does anybody know if this is possible? The manual time spent on pulling sprouts off cabinets and electrical fixtures is killing me.

Thanks!

20 REPLIES 20
Message 21 of 21
dbroad
in reply to: jasonium

I like Leo's suggestion.  You're right. Spaces are probably used by each drafter in different ways. What I was thinking about was keeping track of the total room's square footage.  I also use them for clipping ceilings but as you say, you use cathedral ceilings so don't need that.  I have heard that spaces can be 3D, not just extruded but have not used that feature much.

I would think that floor finishes would be good to show only in a view drawing but that spaces should be part of the constructs. Using AEC polygons could be another option to applying a floor finish only in certain parts of the room.  

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost