AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display theme by zone

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
608 Views, 3 Replies

Display theme by zone

I am delving into the world of Display Themes in autocad architechture for the first time.

What I am trying to do is apply a display them to a viewport that colour all spaces according to the zone to which they are attached.

I have made a generic space which I have used for all rooms.  I have attached those spaces to various zones (ie Accounting and Finance, Engineering, Facilities etc.)

I am now trying to create a display theme that will colour each zone accordingly.  I am trying to do this by setting each theme rule to be;

propertyset definition = zone, property = name, condition = equal to, vaule = Accounting and Finance (etc.), operator = and.

I do this and nothing happens to the spaces.  I have tried experimenting with other property sets attached to the spaces and different properties (ie sace base area etc) and it works fine.  So i'm pretty sure its just a case of finding the correct zone property to work with.

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

regards

Chris 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Create a manual property to the PSD attached to the spaces called, say, "Zone" then at every space set the name of the zone it belongs to. In the themes style set the rules like 

propertyset definition = MySpacePSD, property = Zone, condition = equal to, vaule = Accounting and Finance, operator = and.

I recommed not use the PSD at Style level, I think it would be better to set a PSD attached to Space Object (not style) since you gain a better control on specifying the zone every space belongs to (if no other reason justify this).

Needless to say the PSD in set on the Spaces (not on Zones)

Hope this helps.

Justo Aguiar

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

so would would suggest not actually using zone 'objects 'at all? 

I like how the space/zone manager works.  but if i was to set up my departmental zones with my spaces attached to them adding a manual property definition would seem like pointless repetition.

Is there no way to have an automatic definition showing what zone the space is attached to?  and thus be able to create a display theme to show this with coloured hatching?

i have tried using a classification definition attached to the space to identify the department it belongs to. and then created a display theme accordingly. This works but would still not be as good a solution as using the space/zone manager.

I pretty sure what I am trying to do would be a fairly sensible and common application of the space, zone and display theme tools?!?!

regards

Chris

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Chris,

You're right and it is a common need application of the space, zone and display theme tools that it is not resolved at the moment the way you need them to work, I think.

Maybe any other member of the forum can shed a better light on this.

Regards,

Justo Aguiar.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost