AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display rep and MVB room tag

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
jhendershot
245 Views, 10 Replies

display rep and MVB room tag

is there a way to control layers in a MVB room tag with the display representations?

I have a room tag that has multiple lines set up so that the same tag can be used for plans and rcp’s so there is overlapping text. I want to set my display rep so that when I click on reflected some of the layers turn off in the tag, and when I click on medium detail the layers switch so that the other layers in the tag turn on and the rcp layers turn off.

this first image is the entire tag with all layers on
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
jhendershot
in reply to: jhendershot

2nd image is just the rcp layers
Message 3 of 11
jhendershot

3rd image is just the plan tag
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

While you could certainly use layers within the view block definition to achieve what you ask, you would have to manually deal with the layers - Multi-View Blocks do not have the component layer/appearance settings that other AEC objects have.

If you want to use just the Display Sytem,you will need to have different Display Configurations for your plan and your reflected ceiling plan. Then you could set up two new Display Representations for Multi-View Blocks - one for annotation that is only to be seen in plans and one that is only to be seen in reflected ceiling plans, and create separate view blocks, one with all of the graphics to be seen in the plan and one with all of the graphics to be seen in the reflected ceiling plan. Assign each of those blocks to the appropriate Display Representation. Turn on the new plan only Display Representation in the Display Representation Set assigned to the top view direction for your plan Display Configuration and the reflected only Display Representation in the Display Represenation Set assigned to the top view direction in your reflected ceiling Display Configuration.

--

David Koch
Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator
Using ADT 2004 at work; access to 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008 at home
Message 5 of 11
jhendershot

thank you for the reply.

i have done just that, but now when opening up an existing dwg that had those room tags they have disappeared. i have to go into the display manager and check the box to make them visible in each viewport on the sheet. is there not a way to globally change the display representation? i figured that changing the file's display that contained the block would work? no?

thanks.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

In a word, no. Using the tag in a drawing that did not have it before should bring in any new Display Representations that you may have used in conjunction with the view block assignments for the tag's Multi-View Block, but it would not make changes to the Display Representation Set(s) [DRS] (or, if needed, to the Display Configurations [DC]). Each drawing file's display settings are an island unto themselves. Unless you are using Project Navigator, in which case the Drawing Standards feature might ease the process of updating Display System settings changes.

I am still doing production work in the dark ages (2004), where only the current drawing is available in the Display Manager, so I do not have a lot of experience with this, but you should be able to use the Display Manager to update the any changed DRS's and DC's as well as copy over any newly added Display Representations. Once you are satified with the settings, you will definitely want to get them into your template file(s) so that any newly created drawings will be good to go from the start.

--

David Koch
Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator
Using ADT 2004 at work; access to 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008 at home
Message 7 of 11
jhendershot

"Unless you are using Project Navigator, in which case the Drawing Standards feature might ease the process of updating Display System settings changes."

this is exaclty what i am pushing for, but am unsure about converting a project that was done with just the use of sheet set manager to a full blown project in navigator.

" but you should be able to use the Display Manager to update the any changed DRS's and DC's as well as copy over any newly added Display Representations. Once you are satified with the settings, you will definitely want to get them into your template file(s) so that any newly created drawings will be good to go from the start."

this is exaclty what i am doing right now and will be adding these things to the template file(s) when i get all the kinks worked out.

thanks for the info and time. much appreciated.

joshua.
Message 8 of 11
eviele

If you're using Project Standards through Project Navigator you can have one file set up to control the display settings for each project.

There are limitations to this including the cut plane, but I think it'll work for what you're doing....provided you're using Project Navigator.
Message 9 of 11
jhendershot

i just started at this firm in the middle of DD's, and am trying to get them to convert the project to navigator as this would solve, i believe, some large issues they are having with the drawing set. the biggest of all orginization.
but as it stand now they are only using the sheet set manager and will have to update every drawing until then.

thanks for the comment however.

j.
Message 10 of 11
eviele

I don't have any experience with converting older projects from sheet set manager to Project Navigator, but I encourage you to use PN on your next jobs.

The Project Standards feature is worth it and would help you with your current dilemma.
Message 11 of 11
eviele

welcome.
good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost