AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display properties are all off for opening

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
glam180
267 Views, 1 Reply

Display properties are all off for opening

I turned off all properties layers for opening but now I can't grab it or modify it.  I can't even bring in a new opening because it carries the same properties that I had originally modified.  Please help.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: glam180

On the Manage ribbon tab, on the Style & Display panel, select the Display Manager tool to open the Display Manager.  In the left sash, under the current drawing, expand the Sets node.  Look for the set name shown in bold type and select it.   On the right side, select the Display Representation Control tab, if it is not already current.  In the Objects column at the left side, look for Opening.  Follow the Opening line across until you find a box (toggle) with a check mark in it.

Right click on the check mark, and choose Edit from the context menu.  That will open the Display Properties dialog (drawing default settings) for an active Display Representation for Opening objects.  You can change the settings here as desired.  At the least, turn on one component so that the Opening objects in your file have some visible graphics that can be used to select them.

ALTERNATE SOLUTION:  Change the current Display Configuration using the control on the Drawing Window Status Bar, to one that has an active Display Representation for Openings that has at least one component turned on.  Select one of the Openings, right click and choose Edit Object Display from the context menu (or open the Properties Palette and set the Display tab current).  From here, if you remember the name of the Display Representation you had edited and turned off all components, you can edit that Display Representation and turn on one or more components back on.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost