AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Componet

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
1bdchristian
370 Views, 10 Replies

Display Componet

How do you add a display component to a display?

For example, Stairs have a stringer componet in plan display configuration but does not have a stringer componet in the Low Detail configuration.  I need the stringer to show when I go to low detail how can I add a stringer componet in low detail.

thanks Byron

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Rightclick the stair object and select "Edit Stair Style"

On the display properties tab, highlight the "Plan Low Detail".

Click on the button in the r/h top corner "Edit Display Properties".

Somewhere there you should find the stringer component listed and it's likely turned off (e.g. the light bulb is off)

Turn it on and that should do the trick

Message 3 of 11

For some unknown reason my plan low detail does not have a stringer componet in it. When I look at the plan detail it does have a stringer componet.

Message 4 of 11

If you're display does not list stair stringers, you may be using a stair style that does not have stringers.

Have you checked the content browser with all the different stair styles?

Message 5 of 11

I am using Steel stairs from the template files that shipped with 2012 Architecture. If your stair styles on your template file has stringers components in the Low Detail Display could you please send me a copy I would appreciate it.

Message 6 of 11

I've checked those steel stairs and you're correct, the stringers do not show in low detail, nor are they listed in the low detail display configuration.

And I can see why you want them visible as the lines of the treads are short.

If there is a way to show the stringers in low detail I'm not aware of it.

Message 7 of 11
ntellery
in reply to: 1bdchristian

The display settings are kinda hard wired, like a door at sketch level doesn't show frame or panel width.  But you can mess with it by assigning a different display level.

If you dive into the display manager down at Representation by Object level, you can change which level is used.  So under the Plan Presentation (my sketch mode) Sets (vertical) you can untick the Display Rep 'Plan Presentation' and tick the Plan High Detail.

However!!  and this is something I have just discovered and came here to perhaps see if others understood it.

Using Plan High Detail I have settings for risers etc at the drawing wide stair setting but as soon as I add a style override these extra settings disappear. (EDIT: Well not always. Tested on a default file and it behaves differently - no idea why)  Not sure why this would make any sense.  This may even be what you have found.

I've just made some changes myself, got what the result I wanted and no idea how!

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html
Message 8 of 11

Spoiler

Nathan..... I did try and change at the Object Display level.

It didn't work for me, maybe I ticked the wrong box or something.

But hey....if it works that's cool.

Message 9 of 11
ntellery
in reply to: leothebuilder

you will know if it worked by noting the BOLDED display rep changes when you edit a style. If it doesn’t work, you might have ticked/unticked the wrong line.
www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Message 10 of 11
ntellery
in reply to: ntellery

If you open a default drawing, medium detail display rep.

Draw a stair.  Select. Right click and edit style, double click on Plan.  There are 21 entities to edit.

Cancel and Click the Style override button and there are now only 15 items to edit.  

Why would they disappear?

BUT riser's nosings are still there which is not the case in my other drawing.  I wonder if it has something to do with the style of the stair itself (which seems hard being that I've only just ticked the Style override box and not made any changes but could be the reason in my other drawing.).

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Message 11 of 11

Why would they disappear you ask ?

Cuz Autodesk made it so ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost