AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discipline folders

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
1bdchristian
546 Views, 5 Replies

Discipline folders

could some one tell me what or how the discipline folders where designed to be used with the program. Are they actually used in the program some way or just there for you to manual save things to.?

Thank you  - BDC

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
davidtetro
in reply to: 1bdchristian

Are you referring to the folders that are created when you start a project from a template?  Normally, you would create folders for organizing levels and views, etc.  On small projects, I create folders for plans, elevations, details, etc.  On larger projects, I create folders for disciplines as well (i.e. electrical, mechanical, structural, demo, etc.)

Message 3 of 6
1bdchristian
in reply to: davidtetro

No I am a ware of creating catagories in the navigator, I have attached an image of what  I am askling. When I create a new project and look in the directory structure and have dicipline folders and not sure how to use them?

thanks BDC

Message 4 of 6

The "Disciplines" folder can be used for anything that relates to your project.

(Note that this folder does not appear in the Project Navigator)

You can place other files here that relate to your project, e.g. consultant's plans for various disciplines etc.

You can also add folders for aministration purposes, billing, contract administration etc.

You have the option of not using this folder, deleting it, and create other folders elsewhere to keep these other files.

All depends how you want to set up an office standard.

Message 5 of 6

Thanks - I didn't want to miss being able to use them thru the program.

Message 6 of 6

The program (ACA) can only see/read autocad (ACA) files.

Mostly we receive consultant's plans in PDF which the Project Navigator would not be able to recognize.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost